Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Th ghost train you mention was in an outhouse on Fulmere Rd. Ron designed his own trip in a room about 3 ft square utilising an old upright pram as a carriage which he pushed around. I think it cost 3d a trip. Ron also had a ten pin bowling alley in his garage using domestos bottles for pins and a stuffed football as a bowl. He designed a miniature lane about 18" long with ball bearing and automatic ball return. I also remember him designing a one arm bandit out of a matchbox, elastic band and matchstick. It was in full working order.

Swampy 48- I remember the Hallams who live on Deerlands Mount. Not sure where Pete is but Harry lives in Hoyland and looks well. He must be nearly 70 now. My brother Tony new the Caswells. I,m not sure what happened to them. Can you remember Penty,s that used to cut hair in his kitchen?

Swampy 48- I remember the Hallams who live on Deerlands Mount. Not sure where Pete is but Harry lives in Hoyland and looks well. He must be nearly 70 now. My brother Tony new the Caswells. I,m not sure what happened to them. Can you remember Penty,s that used to cut hair in his kitchen?

I remember sitting in Penty's kitchen watching you and JB getting your 'aircut, although I don't recall having my own done. I had to wait for the dubious pleasure of going to Varney's on Buchanan

Potted History of my days on Parson Cross. Born at 92 Doe Royd Cres in 1948 where we were living with my gran (aunt and cousins eventually moved in with her (Keith and Arthur Levick). The same year ’48 we moved to 113 Lindsey Road. A few names I remember from there are Bown, Fletcher (Pauline and Jean I think), Merton, Lytton (Trevor?), Scott (Dorothy), Eggington (Vicky), Saxton (Peter). Dad (Arthur Weeds) was a member of Sheffield United Harriers (walkers) at that time.

In 1952 we did an exchange to 536 Deerlands Avenue (Near Halifax Road). Names from there I can remember are Baron, Beedham, Bower, Longman, Hallam, Porter, Fletcher, King (moved later to Colley Road area I think), Gillott, Caswell. Lots more but I’m having a senior moment and can’t bring to mind!!

Went to Fox Hill Infants and Junior and then Meynell Road leaving in 1963. Went to work in Sales office at Easterbrook & Allcard (Presto Tools) and met a girl in Export office that lived on Holgate Road. I met, married and later divorced her brother and ended up back at 92 Doe Royd Cres for a while before moving to Chesterfield where I have put down my roots.

I remember Mr Collins the ragman, the pikelet man, Charlie with his horse and cart selling fruit and veg, Plummers mobile shop. The Sikh with his suitcase selling Betterware stuff (with a tiny (sample) tin of lavender polish for me!!). Hiding under the table when the gypsies came calling so they would think no one was in!!

So if anyone can remember me or any of the names I’ve mentioned I’d be happy to know where they are and what they’re doing now.

I can remember some of the names and deffo know the places, but I am a bit young, I can remember my ma and pa tellin' about the piklet man and plumbers mobile, do you know of my parents? I to now live in Chesterfield, very much like Parson cross when I was young, I used to live on Wordsworth Ave and indeed my ma still does!

Does anyone remember the Cawthornes?

Which Cawthornes? I remember Bill who lived down off Margetson! I also went to school with his daughter Lisa, is this the same family?

Does anyone remember the Cawthornes?

I went to Mansel junior school with Nigel Cawthorne he lived on Milnrow

Which Cawthornes? I remember Bill who lived down off Margetson! I also went to school with his daughter Lisa, is this the same family?

No, there was Johnny, Alan, Susan, Linda, Janet, May, and Vera

I used to live on Wordsworth Ave and indeed my ma still does!

Give Maureen my best next time you speak..

hi Bushbaby,does your John ever come on here?Tell him Ted asked about him.I used to work with him on the milk for B&C in the early 70s.Havn't seen him since.