Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

I remember when it was part of Colley School, before the new building on Margo went up

I'd forgotten that - you're right. What a memory!

I'd forgotten that - you're right. What a memory!

I mainly remember because a friend of my mum's, Irene Ward, who lived behind the shops, used to run it, so I was taken in there as a very young kid, pre-school I think. I recall being sat in there reading a kid's book about 5 Chinese brothers?? One of them swallowed the sea :loopy: It was weird and gave me nightmares.

I mainly remember because a friend of my mum's, Irene Ward, who lived behind the shops, used to run it, so I was taken in there as a very young kid, pre-school I think. I recall being sat in there reading a kid's book about 5 Chinese brothers?? One of them swallowed the sea :loopy: It was weird and gave me nightmares.

I can't believe that! I was just about to send another message asking if you remember Mrs Ward and that she ran it. Do you remember her son Chris? I worked with him for a while a few years ago, he lives in Fox Hill. Weird books and stupid stories but we loved them (obviously not when they gave us nightmares of course!). I loved going in the library, it's so run down now though with no money being spent on it for years. Did you get my message re the book?

Did you get my message re the book?

I did thanks

I went to school with Chris although he was a couple of years older than me. I spoke to his elder brother Gerrard a few weeks ago about a foto I put in The Retro that he was featured on

Small world Kath :P

Small world Kath :P

It most certainly is! I have been in touch with so many people from years ago either via the Forum and other, it's been great to be in touch again.

Hi Bushbaby. One of the photos on The Retro, Tommy Moors football team, FRont row right hand side, would you know his name? Is it Mick Ellis? Also the goalie, do you know his name?

Julie

Hi Bushbaby. One of the photos on The Retro, Tommy Moors football team, FRont row right hand side, would you know his name? Is it Mick Ellis? Also the goalie, do you know his name?

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes it is Mick

The goalie was Little Johnny White (Brenda's lad) lived on Buchanan Cres (number 39 I think)

I maintain that that was the ugliest football team ever

:hihi:

Driving around The Cross last weekend I noticed a massive building going up behind Margo shops, where the old PWD used to be. Any ideas what this is?

:confused::confused:

Also, is Mansell School being extended or are they building a whole new school?

I'm led to believe that the new building on Mansell School is a new "Special Needs School". I don't know if it's true.

I'm led to believe that the new building on Mansell School is a new "Special Needs School". I don't know if it's true.

Wow!

Is there a waiting list?

Wow!

Is there a waiting list?

What do you think!

What do you think!

To be honest Kath I think that we were all Special Needs kids - it's just that the term hadn't been invented back then so we were just classed as thick!

To be honest Kath I think that we were all Special Needs kids - it's just that the term hadn't been invented back then so we were just classed as thick!

Think you've got something there love - when I think of the kids who were shoved in a class and left a lot of the time because they were 'thick' or had board rubbers thrown because they didn't pay attention, terrible really.