Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

My late wife lived on Dryden Rd  P/X  Late50s 60s.  her name was Sheldon.Near  Scotts, Obriens,Brookes. Allsops,

Thanks very much for the information DameClara. It's great to find out the origins of the name after all these years. 

Lived on Palgrave rd from 1964to 69 families who lived local were Street/Wragg/Rogers/Jackson/Rook/Kent who lived on Southey green rd

On 07/07/2020 at 15:24, Rollypolly said:

Does anyone remember the classroom block called the Hengist or Engist at Mansel Junior School? It was separate from the main building and consisted of 2 classrooms with a store room in between. Miss Dronfield always seemed to be the teacher in one of the rooms. (She taught Scottish country dancing as an after school activity). I always wondered how it got that name.

Monteney Junior School also had a couple of Hengist blocks up behind the 'as was' Monteney infants!

My grandparents, dad and aunt lived on Rokeby Road next to the gennel. 70s and 80s. 

My late wife lived Dryden Rd next to Scotts and Obriens we got married  at St Scelias 1962 her name was June Sheldon, at the time it was a great place to live We used to go to P/cross hotel,White Horse, Forty  Foot, also used to go to Pictures RITZ.FORUM, GREAT Days thenbit diferent know.