Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Barry fox lived at sheffield lane top used to drink in Huntsman pub now and then ...was not a regular in there
: Gaz = Im noy so sure I ever get these messages right n so please excuse me. Are you saying that you knew Linda Hardy, 75 Chaucer road in the 60's/ thanks Rob

2 hours ago, John St Clair said:

Hi 

I lived on Palgrave until 1969 went to Southey green school

I lived on Palgrave till '68, opposite the shops.

I used to deliver newspapers for the post office on Wordsworth Drive and dated a girl from the bottom of Palgrave called Pat 

I had some relatives called Burkin (ian)and some called Reynolds(John)- I seem to remember they lived on Palgrave

1 hour ago, smary said:

I had some relatives called Burkin (ian)and some called Reynolds(John)- I seem to remember they lived on Palgrave

Lily and G A ?

Yes Lily was my mums cousin - I think her husband was Arthur.  Their son was Ian.

27 minutes ago, smary said:

Yes Lily was my mums cousin - I think her husband was Arthur.  Their son was Ian.

He was always called Arthur very hard working fella.

Retep, What is your connection? Just checked my research and yes he was George Arthur - but uncle Arthur to me.

Edited by smary

1 hour ago, smary said:

Retep, What is your connection? Just checked my research and yes he was George Arthur - but uncle Arthur to me.

I worked with Arthur in the 70's.

My late wife lived on Dryden Rd  P/X  Late50s 60s.  her name was Sheldon.

Does anyone remember the classroom block called the Hengist or Engist at Mansel Junior School? It was separate from the main building and consisted of 2 classrooms with a store room in between. Miss Dronfield always seemed to be the teacher in one of the rooms. (She taught Scottish country dancing as an after school activity). I always wondered how it got that name.