Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

did anyone live on holgate road parsons cross around 1954 to 1974

My nan and grandad lived at number 18 David (gordie) ando Sally Johnson. My uncle and aunt lived next door mick and Lorraine Johnson.

Edited by PamelaN
Miss spelling

I wonder if any of the gang which played around in the circle at the top of Masters Rd.are still around? During the late 40's we had great times, Sundays we used to play football in Longley Park.

I live there and its a lot better than some areas of Sheffield.

It used to be more close knit but most areas are not like that now with different reasons

ie different nationalalities etc

The cornfields behind the tin houses were brilliant for playing in just after they'd been cut.

Anyone lived on or near Remington avenue parson cross.

I lived top of blackhill 1946_1966. Did you live right hand or left hand of 8foot. There were two brothers who lived in the house next to 8foot (right hand side). Cannot remember their name. Did you live opposite the Cartels?

Don't know if you know but the bungalow is gone now. It has been replaced with some new houses.
No it hasn't ,its Strawsons family hose that has been demolished Horris house (286 I believe)is still there

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 12:36 ----------

Yes Walter is my uncle he is in wheelchair now I played golf with him every Sunday at my grandads on the garden we also took him fishing and he was a good fisherman
Once saw Walt drop a kid in the tap room of the Beagle who was taking the mick ,knocked him cold .Les Winfield even gave the bloke a mandatory count of 10 ,split his nose wide open .We used to go on sea fishing trips and Walt went with us ,always a bit of a job getting him on board but you could guarantee that if we struggled to catch Walt would get a bag full " I've got one " was all we heard .Top bloke who never let his disability get in the way ,played football and cricket with us Hope he's as well as can be expected he must be getting on a bit now .

My cousin lived on Yew Lane Veronica Harrison, iv been trying to find her for years no luck she married a Barry Fox, dont know if the names ring any bells let me know. thanks

Old Friend = Linda Hardy 1960'ish, Chaucer Road; anyone recall her; had a sister = Susan. Cheers. Rob

I lived on Remington avenue, keep trying to find david whittam,and his sister jean who lived next door .

My uncle Billy Moran, Aunty Lil and daughter Margaret Moran married Dennis Otter, and Son Ron Moran. Lived on Parson Cross