Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

never tried tht one but sounded excellent :hihi:

Me and my mates used to do the same thing , we called it the LIONS ROAR and targetted

Launce Rd , Symons Cres and Murdoch Road.

Hiya Kingsy 1944

I lover on Deerlands Ave, I loved between Gillots and Longleys

I left Colley in 1976 and worked on elm lane at J&C tools.

I've just found this page, and has brought back memories. I vaguely remember the name Plant who lived on Dugdale Road. We lived across the road from Mr & Mrs North, and their next door neighbours were the Jones family, the sons were David and Bryn (I think). There were also the Shaw, Colton and Beatson families lived there. We moved to Yew Greave Crescent in 1974/1975. My brother and myself went to Mansel Infant and Junior School, then went to Colley school. I left Sheffield in 1985 and moved to Kent. My maternal Grandparents used to live in Wordsworth Close. Mr Mbele was my form tutor in Year 4 at Colley. I also remember Mr Mellor and Mrs Birkby. Mrs McNulty taught French. Mike Howe was my first form tutor (he taught woodwork). The newsagents on Margetson Crescent shops was Corbidges, there was Deakins greengrocers, Hulley's butchers, and the Chemist was Lomas', with the Post Office at the back of the shop. The Co-Op had 2 shops, on was a butchers, and the other was a grocery shop. I also remember Horace Ratcliffe, and the bungalow on the corner of Yew Lane. Didn't Horace used to drive round selling bread?

Don't know if you know but the bungalow is gone now. It has been replaced with some new houses.

I was a friend of Barry Fox and played football with him I also knew Veni. We used to meet very often in the Middlewood Tavern sadly now closed. I left the U.K. IN 1969 and met Barry again when I came back for a holiday in 1998. He and Veni had long been divorced when I met him again. through mutual friends I am told that Barry is very ill.

I didn't know the bungalow had gone. I don't have any family left in Sheffield, as my Mum moved to Worksop, then moved to Andover three and a half years ago, where my brother lives. Is the Fighting **** still open? Never went in there myself.

How sad to hear of Barry fox's passing. who ever sent that information

thank you I have often thought and talked about him, he was a good bloke and lots of fun.

Did anyone live on or around elm lane. I spent the happiest days of my life there,had a fantastic childhood. Lived bang opposite longley park where I spent many happy hours. Went to Lindsay road nursery,infant and junior schools,then onto Southey green middle school and colley comp. left in 1976. Love to share any memories of these places with anyone

I had a school mate called Frank Merrill, his Dad was a policeman. It was in the late 40's. They lived on Elm Lane.

Yeah Walt was lovely guy. He didn't have a chair in those days but was quite severley palsied. Watching him light a fag was always interesting as he had to co-ordinate in a way which was very difficult for him - never heard him complain though

Yes Walter is my uncle he is in wheelchair now I played golf with him every Sunday at my grandads on the garden we also took him fishing and he was a good fisherman

My first one and only true love lived on wordsworth ave her name was ELaine Judge she lived with her parents her brother and his wife who were on the buses he was a driver ash was a conductress. I hav been searching for over 12 years for her with no luck.cant remember the house number but it was at the end nearest to the Ritz cinema. If someone can find her or whatever I will make a large cash donation to this site! she was my first and only true love and my name is Frank Norman. Its very important so if anyone can help the words fail me.:love:THIS WAS THE EARLY SIXTIES.

My first one and only true love lived on wordsworth ave her name was ELaine Judge she lived with her parents her brother and his wife who were on the buses he was a driver ash was a conductress. I hav been searching for over 12 years for her with no luck.cant remember the house number but it was at the end nearest to the Ritz cinema. If someone can find her or whatever I will make a large cash donation to this site! she was my first and only true love and my name is Frank Norman. Its very important so if anyone can help the words fail me.:love:THIS WAS THE EARLY SIXTIES.

According to public records, Elaine married Fred Hiley in 1969. Just beware that your interest may not be welcome, but follow this LINK and the rest is up to you.