Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

I never lived on Parsons Cross, but had 2 friends who did in 1950's/1960's, I think they both lived on Wordsworth Avenue

Lewis Neath who was in my class at Woodhouse Grammar School and I believe now lives in the Dronfield Area. Melvyn Jordon who was a close fiend in the 1960's, he worked sat Samuel Fox's in Oughtibridge, but moved to Falmouth around early to mid 1960's. Lives now in Penryn

Best Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I never lived on Parsons Cross, but had 2 friends who did in 1950's/1960's, I think they both lived on Wordsworth Avenue

Lewis Neath who was in my class at Woodhouse Grammar School

I knew a Paul Neath, born about 1945, died tragically young, in his thirties I think. A good friend of my brother Pat's! It's not a common name so probably related. Lived on Wordsworth, close to Margetson Crescent junction!

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 07:45 ----------

Too right I had forgot about T B and his antics we put up with him for a couple of months then bailed out, I saw him walking near Hilsborough corner only last week (obviously on his own) he looked even bigger than he did back then.

My brother Alan used to run Colley youth club football team, Glen Thorpe Colin Gregory,Ralph Hill, Dennis Moore, and more players and followers some names i struggle to remember

I played for that team when Brian Smith ran it and his son Ian played (about 1972/73).

Maybe you are correct, he would be younger than Lewis. Lewis is same age as myself, born 1940. Wordsworth Avenue is correct of course. But I made an error re Melvyn Jordan (and his sister) they livged on Colley Road

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia - and - "It ain't 'alf 'ot mum"

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia - and - "It ain't 'alf 'ot mum"

Regards back -Gleadless Town End - Bloody freezin'!!

:wave:

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 13:35 ----------

Saturday 22nd June - Public Dance Event - All Welcome!!

10.30 FLASHMOB - in ASDA

10.45 FLASHMOB - at Chaucer Car Boot sale

11.00 DANCE On! starts on Chaucer Square

11.15 FLASHMOB - in Chaucer Square

12.00 DANCE ON - finishes.

Yeah, he was a nice kid Kath. How are you these days??

Hi Steve

Only just seen this post, not been on in ages. Mick been in hospital for major op. OK now then we've been to France for a couple of weeks. All fine. Hope all ok with you.

---------- Post added 13-07-2013 at 10:01 ----------

Hiya

MEYNELL YOUTH CLUB IN THE 70's REUNION :headbang:

Saturday 11th May 2013 7:30PM to midnight. Jubilee Sports Club, Claywheels Lane

Pie and Pea supper and raffle

Steve Rodley /Bernadette Crowley

http://www.facebook.com/bernie.crowley

http://www.facebook.com/steve.rodley?group_id=0

Did you go Steve?

Was that the Roger Kemp (or Terry?) who used to be a mechanic at Law Bros at the end of the 60,s early70,s.? If so, he bought my old Riley for £10. He didnt want the car (which had no chassis) just the beautiful walnut dashboard for a car he was building. I bought the car a year before for £40 and it was a beautiful car, but only did 16 miles to the gallon.

Hi there that would be my dad terry :)

My brother Brian Marshall went there and my cousin Pamela Green was Head Girl

Is that Brian Marshall who lived around the Buchanan/Adlington Road area?

did anyone live on holgate road parsons cross around 1954 to 1974

Hi Metal Mickey, I lived on Holgate Avenue from when my parents moved there in '47, when I was not quite a year old. I moved out in '69, my mum was there until '72. Anything I can help you with? :cool:

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 22:51 ----------

The old Tavern was a small flat roofed building with the entrance on Wordsworth. Great place for "Penny-for-the-Guy". Not sure exactly but it was rebuilt about 66/67.

Hi Bushbaby, long time no chat. Hope you're well. My mum worked at the original Tavern for a couple of years at least, during the mid to late '50's. My dad used to sing in there from time to time. He was know locally as Gentleman Jim, sadly he died very young in 1959. My mum is Mary Turton, still alive and turned 94 last Monday 9th Sept. She lived in Gleadless now.

I was born and lived on Colley Cres. from 1951 to 1974, Twinnie 1 i work close to Pete Mullins ( if iv'e got your name right ) at the Northern General Hospital. The "Tavern was my local for 5 yrs then I emigrated to Wincobank went back twice but it had changed and friends had moved on. Thats Life !!

I was born and lived on Colley Cres. from 1951 to 1974, Twinnie 1 i work close to Pete Mullins ( if iv'e got your name right ) at the Northern General Hospital. The "Tavern was my local for 5 yrs then I emigrated to Wincobank went back twice but it had changed and friends had moved on. Thats Life !!

I moved around Europe for a couple of years and then lived in London from 72 until 2005 when I moved here to North Wales. I used to work among other places at Hadfields, and the Cavendish Club and Fiesta, before moving out. Did you know Gary Andrews from Holgate Road and his mate Johnny Briggs from Holgate Avenue? :cool:

Hi did you know David Loxley!

If it's the same person. I knew Gary Andrews. We went to Lindsay School together Used to be big mates. Met him a couple of times. Last time was a few years ago. Met him when we had a caravan in Torksey. He came down one weekend and we bumped into each at the Little London site.