Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

BAZSEN who lived in the house next to us,remember they used to keep chickens,i was very young when they left. Only time i ate chicken at christmas,They gave us a bird it was hung for two days, my mum came screaming from the kitchen said that it was flapping about. Think i will have to have a word with your seconds,maybe bread & pork dripping at ten paces on the eight foot,Ive got the high side. Im sure Anne can remember that first kiss!!!! Bit thick how do you send all these smiley faces on the right hand side?

Yes they did have a jag.Remember fixing the garage roof when home on leave.I think Mr augur had cancer and died just before the family moved to Peterbough.The Fairchilds was a name id forgot,think the oldest son was killed in a car accident doing his national service in Germany.Mr Senior was a drinking pal of my old dads.Reading some of the older posts i remember when the young guy got killed by the concrete pipes,that was on the site where the petrol station was built.BUSHBABY did you play in the old airaid shelter at the far end of the field where you lived? Bet pete &john did.BALDIE fancy a pint if i come back to sheffield for a night? Get in touch if you can get away from your new wife!!!!!PETE LEE[/Q

ahahaha sounds like a plan you will have to let me no when you can make it rememember its strong stuff up here lol:i once recall you comin home on leave on train with millwall fans am i right

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 17:28 ----------

Hey up Tets,havn't seen you for a few years pal.Its me,Ted,used to work with Tony Deakin.got me?Used to play footie with you up on mount when we were kids along wjth Tozzer Kay,John Higgins,Dixie,Denis Hughes,Jonny Powers,Tony Saville and loads more,remember?Good old days eh?

hey up ted how you doin talkin to d hughes last week yea good old days when you could have some fun an a good kick about 15 a side lol remember you an tony gettin me job on gas im still at it i see jack smedley nearly everyweek with g saville and wivesin boro my old boss jack hes still a wednesday ite ah well lol

BAZSEN who lived in the house next to us,remember they used to keep chickens,i was very young when they left. Only time i ate chicken at christmas,They gave us a bird it was hung for two days, my mum came screaming from the kitchen said that it was flapping about. Think i will have to have a word with your seconds,maybe bread & pork dripping at ten paces on the eight foot,Ive got the high side. Im sure Anne can remember that first kiss!!!! Bit thick how do you send all these smiley faces on the right hand side?

Hiya Pete,the only ones i can think of are Lindsey Ward on one side and Gills on the other.

I'm moving back to wadsley bridge from gleadless am I making the right move I hope so I love it around there moving my wife and new born to the area

Hiya Pete,the only ones i can think of are Lindsey Ward on one side and Gills on the other.

And "Dora" lived on the other side of Baldwins

And "Dora" lived on the other side of Baldwins

Yeah she did i think her name was Dora Coakes or Coates.Wasnt she aunty to Kevin and Lyn O Kane and sister of Joyce.?

Thanks for the reply BUSHBABY &BAZEN about the previous occupiers of the Wards house. I was only 4or5 when they left,only BS may have remembed them.Has the Parsons Cross Hotel closed down? my mum used clean there sat & sunday mornings.Didnt get freebies like we did from the chippey! Ive read a lot of bad comments about the Magnet,i was born across the road and all my dads family(six uncles two aunties) drank there.This was in the fifties,there were some rough guys but never any trouble.If a women walked in the tap room all the swearing stopped,if it was Sunday they were called yorkshire pudding burners.When it closed at two on Sunday all the men played odds&evens(tossing)us kids had to act as look outs,the police came in unmarked vans to catch them betting, how times change.

In the late 40's we lads , living Masters Rd, played football in Longley Park on Sundays. On our way back we used to stop at a house in Emerson Crescent , where a Lady sold us glasses of Tizer, Ice cream soda & Dandylion & burdock, she charged just a few coppers & on a hot day it was a welcome oasis.

Yeah she did i think her name was Dora Coakes or Coates.Wasnt she aunty to Kevin and Lyn O Kane and sister of Joyce.?

She was definitely related. Kev and Lyn lived there for a while as young kids.

Joyce rang me two years ago (got the number from our Pete) and told me how much she enjoyed my book. She had the roughest Sheffield accent of anyone I ever knew, and a dirty laugh to go with it. :)

Just a few weeks later she died, bless her! Well into her nineties.

Joyce's husband, Mick, never lost his Londonderry accent even after 40 years of drinking in The Tavern!! Couldn't tell a blind word he said!:loopy:

I think the O,Kanes lived at Doras for a while before moving first to Blackstock Rd then Milnrow. Dora married Alan Booker and they live on Hartley Brook.

I think the O,Kanes lived at Doras for a while before moving first to Blackstock Rd then Milnrow. Dora married Alan Booker and they live on Hartley Brook.

Was that Alan Booker that lived next door to you?

Yes thats right. There was Peter, Alan, Bernard and Ian, and they were next door to the Garage.