Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

My wife is Andy and Brian's sister, Roy as you say is there nephew.Andy was offered a trial with Sheffield United the manager or boss of the blades at that time went to there house to ask him to attend trials but he refused.

there was a girl called Dawn who lived at Andys for a while dont know if she was related or fostered.She was a year or two younger than Andy.

there was a girl called Dawn who lived at Andys for a while dont know if she was related or fostered.She was a year or two younger than Andy.

I think Dawn was Roy's sister?? (apologies if I've got that wrong)

I think Dawn was Roy's sister?? (apologies if I've got that wrong)

I know Dawns Surname was Smith and I think she was closely related to Roy

I didnt know him personaly but knew of him.

Thats correct Smith was Dawns surname and Roy is her brother.

Just found this web site,what good memories it brougt back.I left colley road school chrismas 1962,remember all the teachers on the previous posts.My form teacher was Mr Holding.Ive not seen any class mates mentioned.Roger Ancliffe Garnett marriot Pete Rose Vera Tordoff Ann Crooks Liz Tandy Pete Dyke.Iwas sorry to hear about Mr Burgin he started a 4th & 5th year football team,that was when the 5th year had just started.There has been a lot of funny post from BUSHBABY,i remember him but knew his brothers better.Didnt John marry Christine xxxx Mr Kay.Im sure Baldie in the cycle speedway threads is TH remember being on the back of his bike going to Long Eaton speed way,neverbeen on one since.Iworked abroad and met guys from Sheffield,could not believe the stories about the x.So sorry to hear about Pete Howe.His brother BEN was always KENNETH when his mother anwered the door.If any youngsters read these and think we talk about the past too much,when youre old theres more past than future.Is BUSHBABY keeping fit because of all the extra scraps from Mrs Lee. Thanks to all the people who provided the Sunday joint via Bengo.

Yeah, Andy was a bit spesh. Him and John Denby were the two best footballers on The Cross from that age group, although they rarely played together which was a bit of shame!

John Denby - that's a name I haven't heard in a lot of years Steve!

are you talking about alfs food van,, /QUOTE]

Gillott's had bread vans going around the cross from the 50's to goodness knows when, they had 3 different vans at one time going around the same areas of the cross with different names on them, Gillott's, My Baker, and Bakers Boy, it was all the same bread in different wrappers, but people fell for it.

I worked with a bloke called Alf [beckingham] at Gillott's, he became a supervisor, then decided to buy a van and start up his own business, I'm sure this is the Alf mentioned with the blue van.

hia guys not bin on for a while hope everybodys ok t c an bushy etc just replyin to a pieceby 1947 about bein on back 0f my bike brave man lol

I think we were all a lot braver when we were younger.I remember being in the pub opposite the city hall when you grew two teeth in your knuckles? Im sure it was an accident.Are you still on the cross,its been good seeing all the comments from the people i knew.Are you still on two wheels or given in to old age.

I think we were all a lot braver when we were younger.I remember being in the pub opposite the city hall when you grew two teeth in your knuckles? Im sure it was an accident.Are you still on the cross,its been good seeing all the comments from the people i knew.Are you still on two wheels or given in to old age.

that was in the albert great jukebox bin tryin to think who you are is it jim shepherd sold me bike last year had a 1000cc r1 yamahavery fast wish i still had itjust moved to chapeltown

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 19:16 ----------

ive gotitnow your pete lee

I went to Yewlands with a girl who lived there,she was called Maxine Callaghan would be about 48,49 now i think

Maxine did live at halifaxe road her age is 50 and she did have a brother called patrick

.Is BUSHBABY keeping fit because of all the extra scraps from Mrs Lee. Thanks to all the people who provided the Sunday joint via Bengo.

Hiya Pete, great to hear from you. I think that you lived closer to the Cycle Speedway track than even Tony Gill and Dave Baldwin!!

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 07:13 ----------

.Didnt John marry Christine xxxx .

Yes he did but they are no longer together, although still on friendly terms! Your mum was the best chippie at Sheldons. I even mentioned her in my book!!

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 07:14 ----------

John Denby - that's a name I haven't heard in a lot of years Steve!

Yeah, he was a nice kid Kath. How are you these days??