Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Would that be Horace Radcliffe Steve?

Hi Kath. Yes it was Horace and his four lovely daughters

Jonesey,

You forgot the Atkinsons (opposite the Sandersons) The Holliss's (next door), The Longfords next to the Sandersons, and myself opposite the Morrises. The Cooksons were our neighbours but you may not remember them.

Marjorie Pemberton lived two houses up from the Atkinsons. She was a real star!

Andy Hollis is still there with his wife and family :)

did the ratcliffes live on creswick greave ??? im sure they did

Pop quiz

"Shereeleasamrina"

Ring any bells?

He also knocked around with my brother, Tony Camm (Cammy)

Hi kate do you remember my sister Tina Purseglove used to go to chaucer, and as I remember she used to go out with "Cammy" as she called him then. She also used to knock about with kenny and Jinks and Marie Wilson. They used to come and stay at our house on Deerlands avenue many a time. she moved to London at the age of 16 and often came home to visit her freinds. I still live on the cross have done most of my life. I used to knock about with the Mitchells.

Pop quiz

"Shereeleasamrina"

Ring any bells?

c'mon bush-whats about,,:confused:

Pop quiz

"Shereeleasamrina"

Ring any bells?

Name of Horace Ratcliffes bungalow .Oh and his four daughters

Name of Horace Ratcliffes bungalow .Oh and his four daughters

Batty's right. It's a concatenation of the names of Horace's four daughters and was the name of their Bungalow, proclaimed proudly on a large plaque by the front door.

Hi kate do you remember my sister Tina Purseglove used to go to chaucer, and as I remember she used to go out with "Cammy" as she called him then. .

Tina was a lovely girl. We often hung around in the same saturday night crew, including some of the names you mentioned. Hearing her name brought back many fond memories!!

Tina was a lovely girl. We often hung around in the same saturday night crew, including some of the names you mentioned. Hearing her name brought back many fond memories!!

Hi Bushbaby as I said Tina is my elder sister we lived on deerlands avenue for what seemed like ages. Tina went to London to live but she often came home to visit us. She now lives in New Zealand. I myself have stayed on the cross all of my life(apart from a brief spell on Kelvin flats when I left home). I now live on Mansel Crescent, maybe our paths have crossed then when we were younger, if you used to come to our house back then. Would be nice to hear of any stories you may remember about Tina. Iv'e read this post from back to front and recall some of the names you and others have mentioned, like kenny and jinks, they used to knock around with my sister Tina and we always had parties at our house which they all used to attend. Happy Days oh my.

Hi kate do you remember my sister Tina Purseglove used to go to chaucer, and as I remember she used to go out with "Cammy" as she called him then. She also used to knock about with kenny and Jinks and Marie Wilson.

Hi Janice - I certainly remember the name but don't remember ever going to the house. I will mention it to Tony, am sure he remembers - was it when he hung around with Malc Young and Co. Did you know Viv Cannon (who Tony married) and her sister Debbie and brother Stephen? They lived on Wordsworth.

Hope you are ok.

PS if Bushy knew her it's likely I did when we all used to hang around together.

Hi kate do you remember my sister Tina Purseglove used to go to chaucer, and as I remember she used to go out with "Cammy" as she called him then. She also used to knock about with kenny and Jinks and Marie Wilson.

Hi Janice - I certainly remember the name but don't remember ever going to the house. I will mention it to Tony, am sure he remembers - was it when he hung around with Malc Young and Co. Did you know Viv Cannon (who Tony married) and her sister Debbie and brother Stephen? They lived on Wordsworth.

Hope you are ok.

PS if Bushy knew her it's likely I did when we all used to hang around together.

Hi Kate I knew Debra from Mansel and Viv was her elder sister they used to live next to the genel on wordsworth. No I don't recall you coming to ours it was mainly jinks, kenny, and marie and a few others i can,t recall their names, Tina will be coming home to visit sometime after new year.