Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Good to hear - does he drink Latte or Capucino?

Americano every time.

will it be in meadowhall anywhere ???? im in rotherham and really like to avoid sheff centre if i can get it closer to home that would be best

Waterstones @ MH have stocked it but I don't know if they still have copies- worth asking I guess... If you have probs let me know

Americano every time.

Every time I see your name on here it always make me smile.

The first memory that comes flooding back, that always cracks me up was our hitch hiking trip to Castleton, with you and Terry Glaves.

I can always remember how Terry legged it up Rivelin Valley Road when that car turned round. We just stood there, why I'll never know. Seem to think with him coming from a family with plenty of brothers his sense of danger, and survival instinct was more advanced than ours.

Also remember how the other lads laughed when we finally met up at Castleton, when they asked "what has happened to your shirt".

Kellylou, Sorry to disappoint but it wasn't us that did a "bunk". If memory serves right I think this lot were called Grey/Gray and my parents exchanged with them to move to Bristol. The Grey/Gray clan bought an old van to move themselves left a room full of stuff in the old house in Bristol. On the way to Sheffield they were stopped by the police near Chesterfield and it turns out they did not have a driving licence between them, the police contacted dad and gave him a lift to the place where the police had stopped the rogues and he had to drive the van to Holgate. By which time all there stuff was in the lorry waiting to go, time for a quick cuppa and then mum & dad left. I stayed in Sheffield until moving to Hampshire in '85.

ye thats the ones we moved from oxford to holgate the house was a disaster hut they were right un them we got here n council came out they hadnt even had permission to move lol right villians lol

Every time I see your name on here it always make me smile.

The first memory that comes flooding back, that always cracks me up was our hitch hiking trip to Castleton, with you and Terry Glaves.

I can always remember how Terry legged it up Rivelin Valley Road when that car turned round. We just stood there, why I'll never know. Seem to think with him coming from a family with plenty of brothers his sense of danger, and survival instinct was more advanced than ours.

Also remember how the other lads laughed when we finally met up at Castleton, when they asked "what has happened to your shirt".

Hi Phil, Thanks for that its only taken 45 years to erase that incident from my memory not only did we walk all the way to bamford station before we managed to get a lift, I was attacked by a madman on the way, finally got there by mid afternoon just in time to set off back, walked all the way up to Moscar top when Frank Gill pulled up in his van and gave us a lift back complete with sore feet and blisters. I dont know if we were young or just daft then again I suppose it could have been both. Neil.

just heard that Pat Crowley has sadly past away : R.I.P .Pat

just heard that Pat Crowley has sadly past away : R.I.P .Pat

Sad indeed! Pat was in my class through Junior school at Tommy More's and was in both the teams, football and rounders, that did so well that year. (Both team fotos are featured in the book)

I remember when he came back from jersey in 1973 (ish) after laying bricks throughout the summer. He looked about as fit as it's possible to look.

RIP Old Friend

Was that the one where you stuck your thumbs in your wasteband, and alternately did shoulder thrusts (two left, then two right) while bending slightly forward?

:headbang:

Those really were the days weren't they?

OMG - how embarrassing!! I was hoping no one else would remember!! x

Was that the Roger Kemp (or Terry?) who used to be a mechanic at Law Bros at the end of the 60,s early70,s.? If so, he bought my old Riley for £10. He didnt want the car (which had no chassis) just the beautiful walnut dashboard for a car he was building. I bought the car a year before for £40 and it was a beautiful car, but only did 16 miles to the gallon.

Was Pat Tom's younger brother, if so i knew them from meynel youth club so sad to hear about it

lived in parson cross all my life trying to find out the land next to tavern bang at side of houses where horses are now anybody know who it belongs to

Was Pat Tom's younger brother, if so i knew them from meynel youth club so sad to hear about it

Yes, that's the guy.

Terrific turn out at Tommy More's for the funeral. Great to meet so many old friends, although the circs were obviously sad.

Kenny Goodinson now looks like Henry Kissinger!!