Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Jonesey,

You forgot the Atkinsons (opposite the Sandersons) The Holliss's (next door), The Longfords next to the Sandersons, and myself opposite the Morrises. The Cooksons were our neighbours but you may not remember them.

Marjorie Pemberton lived two houses up from the Atkinsons. She was a real star!

Sorry TEDMUNKS, none of the names you mention ring any bells, however I do remember a teenager - can't recall the name - from that part of Holgate who went to Colley and used to practise a trumpet or trombone. That would be mid sixties (ish). I do remember the "Black Hill" aptly named because it only had two street lamps - both at the top near Deerlands. I also recall the shop and chippie being built and digging out holes in the bank at the rear of the houses and covering them with corrugated sheet and anything else that was handy to make dens. Went back there on a nostalga trip earlier this year, suprised to find you can't go all the way down Holgate Road (past the steel houses) to Colley Road. A whole new estate is now there, and what are they doing to Deerlands?

Sorry TEDMUNKS, none of the names you mention ring any bells, however I do remember a teenager - can't recall the name - from that part of Holgate who went to Colley and used to practise a trumpet or trombone. That would be mid sixties (ish). I do remember the "Black Hill" aptly named because it only had two street lamps - both at the top near Deerlands. I also recall the shop and chippie being built and digging out holes in the bank at the rear of the houses and covering them with corrugated sheet and anything else that was handy to make dens. Went back there on a nostalga trip earlier this year, suprised to find you can't go all the way down Holgate Road (past the steel houses) to Colley Road. A whole new estate is now there, and what are they doing to Deerlands?

lol jonesey u werent the ones who did a bunk then haha. we moved up here in 1977 but the people who we exchanged with didnt even have permisson to move it turned out. they were right delboys lol.

Hi Steve Its the same Kempy you mention. Still fit and well had coffee with him yesterday. Neil.

Hi Neil - say hello to Roger next time you see him (he might remember me!) - didn't he marry Julie Wilson? Give my love to Penny x

Hi Kate how are you keeping, havnt heard from you for awhile.Hope all is well with you and your family. Told Neil to ask Roger if he remembers you. Sure he must do.Do you remember that dance him and Dave Loxley used to do at the youth club. If I remember correctly it was to Canned Heats Lets stick together. Love Penny xx

lol jonesey u werent the ones who did a bunk then haha. we moved up here in 1977 but the people who we exchanged with didnt even have permisson to move it turned out. they were right delboys lol.

Kellylou, Sorry to disappoint but it wasn't us that did a "bunk". If memory serves right I think this lot were called Grey/Gray and my parents exchanged with them to move to Bristol. The Grey/Gray clan bought an old van to move themselves left a room full of stuff in the old house in Bristol. On the way to Sheffield they were stopped by the police near Chesterfield and it turns out they did not have a driving licence between them, the police contacted dad and gave him a lift to the place where the police had stopped the rogues and he had to drive the van to Holgate. By which time all there stuff was in the lorry waiting to go, time for a quick cuppa and then mum & dad left. I stayed in Sheffield until moving to Hampshire in '85.

Hi Kate how are you keeping, havnt heard from you for awhile.Hope all is well with you and your family. Told Neil to ask Roger if he remembers you. Sure he must do.Do you remember that dance him and Dave Loxley used to do at the youth club. If I remember correctly it was to Canned Heats Lets stick together. Love Penny xx

Hi Penny - hope you are ok. Yes I do remember the dance -what a long time ago it seems, what a laugh we used to have though!! Sent you a private message too xx

hi bushbaby-where can i buy your book from-gi ure ruwerin,,its my moms birthday and i really want to get it for her,,cheers

Star Shop on York St, Waterstones, WH Smith, HMV and Sheffield Shop in town, ACMRetro on line.

If you want it signing send me PM and we'll arrange it

:)

Hi Penny - hope you are ok. Yes I do remember the dance -what a long time ago it seems, what a laugh we used to have though!! Sent you a private message too xx

Was that the one where you stuck your thumbs in your wasteband, and alternately did shoulder thrusts (two left, then two right) while bending slightly forward?

:headbang:

Those really were the days weren't they?

Hi Steve Its the same Kempy you mention. Still fit and well had coffee with him yesterday. Neil.

Good to hear - does he drink Latte or Capucino?

Star Shop on York St, Waterstones, WH Smith, HMV and Sheffield Shop in town, ACMRetro on line.

If you want it signing send me PM and we'll arrange it

:)

will it be in meadowhall anywhere ???? im in rotherham and really like to avoid sheff centre if i can get it closer to home that would be best

Was that the one where you stuck your thumbs in your wasteband, and alternately did shoulder thrusts (two left, then two right) while bending slightly forward?

:headbang:

Those really were the days weren't they?

Yes thats the one. Good times.