Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Surely you don't mean their Brian ?.

Brian once took me and Deso to a "night club" somewhere over the Pennines. He promised us wall to wall girls. Turned out to be a private gambling club. I genuinely feared for my life that night and never trusted Brian again.

I'm with Tash on the "Waste of Space" view Phil, but perhaps you knew a different Brian, before his descent into madness.

Surely you don't mean their Brian ?. He was spot on when they first moved in. In fact he was OK right up to his first nervous breakdown. After that he used to get really p****d when Joe's dog "Grip" used to beat him at cards whilst playing in the car park. Remember their Brian dragging Bill Smith and me out of the tap room to watch the dog, as Brian was sure it was cheating.

You couldn't say no to Brian at that time, as it wasn't in his vocabulary, and a refusal usually met with his tattooed hand grabbing your collar. He could be as quick as lightning, and thinking back now his hands were massive.

I never knew they had a son,but then again I lived a very sheltered life.

I never knew they had a son,but then again I lived a very sheltered life.

I think that by the time me and thee were drinking in there he`d more or less become a recluse who you hardly ever saw ,usually skulking around in the background , I remember him as I used to take bottles back for Ben Shaws Lemonade fro the off lisence and hed often serve there

He got into drugs and had breakdowns etc ,believe he passed away not long after they left (BUshy- Phil?) I know Joe and Edna moved to Bamforth and Joe only lasted a few months I think then had a hert attack and died and Edna wasnt long after :confused:

Hi

i lived in parson cross, remington avenue, when they were first built, and all around was fields.. any one remember this?

I lived on Colley Cres from 1951 to 1974 close to where the no. 10 bus used to reverse on to Rokeby Drive,when it changed to a circular route after a few beers on a night out i would often wake up near Chaucer school and have to walk back home Doh !!

Me too. From 1953 until 1967

i lived on colley crescent

Why are all you guys from tother side of the cross, did I live in solitary on Masters Rd?

OLYMPIC TORCH ROUTE!

Can I suggest that we all meet at Chaucer Shops about 5 O'Clock? Should be a great day

25 June 2012 17:09

Ecclesfield Ecclesfield Road (A6135) - Right Turn

Ecclesfield Church Street (B6087)

Ecclesfield Church Street (B6087) - Left Turn

Ecclesfield Stocks Hill (B6087)

Ecclesfield Yew Lane (B6087)

25 June 2012 17:25

Parson Cross Yew Lane (B6087) - Veer Left

Parson Cross Chaucer Road (B6087)

Parson Cross Chaucer Road (B6087) To Chaucer Close

It then heads down Halifax towards town

hi janner when did u live on master rd

I lived at No45, from 1947, joined the Royal Navy in 49, parents moved to London in 53.

OLYMPIC TORCH ROUTE!

Can I suggest that we all meet at Chaucer Shops about 5 O'Clock? Should be a great day

Will that include The Beagle and Golden Palace.