Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

i knew keith (grunter) grantham very well along with his 2 eldest sons, jason & mark. keith was a great bloke & a very good grafter

Your right he was a very very hard worker. I'm married to mark.

For Sale by Auction Tuesday 27th March 2012 at 11:00am :

The Beagle, Knutton Crescent, Sheffield S5 9NW

Guide Price: Withdrawn Prior to Auction.

i did not know it was up for auction-is it still open now or closed

i did not know it was up for auction - is it still open now or closed

I couldn't say - The Beagle is not my local.

I just saw it on the auction site and posted it for local PX interest.

For Sale by Auction Tuesday 27th March 2012 at 11:00am :

The Beagle, Knutton Crescent, Sheffield S5 9NW

Joe Williams will be turning in his grave...

Great news Tony. Hope she recuperates nicely. Might bump into you in Xtal Peakes.

:)

doing good thanks and i would love to see you in the peaks. Iam going for the beagle pub lol but i wonder if i would get all the lads together if there would be any beer left lol.

i was born an bred on parson cross went to chaucer school thats when i went an lived on lytton crescent there was 5 of us altogether 4 girls 1 boy they was the good old days

Joe Williams will be turning in his grave...

Can't believe it - you're right Steve about old Joe. So many memories....

Memories of Joe include

I went in the beagle first when I was about 17 he served me without a problem (our old fella ran the tote for years so he knew the family) on the night of my 18th I asked for a pint and he asked me if I ;) was old enough.

Beer used to go up 1/2p a time in those days ,hed get me every time by when say it was 14 1/2p i¬d say "you want t`half Joe" as I sorted my money and he`d have pulled himself a glass before I knew what hit me "aye I`ll have one wi thi lad"

Top landlord ,proper landlord Mrs Williams was a "lady" and neither deserved the waste of space they were lumbered with.

Memories of Joe include

Top landlord ,proper landlord Mrs Williams was a "lady" and neither deserved the waste of space they were lumbered with.

What waste of space are you on about?

I remember Pete Norman went to the serving hatch every day for 5 Park Drive

until one day he said no to him,Pete asked him why not? to which Joe replied

"There,s ony thee that bleedin buys em so ave stopped gerrin em" so then he

had to persuade Mark Atkinson to go halves with him for ten.

Ahh you see Al thats the difference I never had an interest in fags it was all about the beer and Joe knew his ale.:hihi:

Memories of Joe include

Surely you don't mean their Brian ?. He was spot on when they first moved in. In fact he was OK right up to his first nervous breakdown. After that he used to get really p****d when Joe's dog "Grip" used to beat him at cards whilst playing in the car park. Remember their Brian dragging Bill Smith and me out of the tap room to watch the dog, as Brian was sure it was cheating.

You couldn't say no to Brian at that time, as it wasn't in his vocabulary, and a refusal usually met with his tattooed hand grabbing your collar. He could be as quick as lightning, and thinking back now his hands were massive.

Edited by dungraftin