Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Has that got owt to do with them metal barrels found in littlewoods that said "warning highly flammable" and so what was the first thing somebody did? drop a match in one which sent a flame about 20ft up in the air which singed the eybrows of everyone leaning over the barrel ?

Not that one, the one Ime on about is when the pensioners flats were been

built and about six houses on Knutton cres had to be evacuated,this was a gas bottle that they just turned the tap on then lit, then they scarpered. they think its tough on the cross now? they ve never lived.

"warning highly flammable" and so what was the first thing somebody did? drop a match in one ?

Well you would wouldn't you?

Well you would wouldn't you?

Glad you moved to Gleedless then. Was that "nutters crescent "?.:suspect:

Hi ya Deb,Gary here Mum passed away April last year. hope your ok how's your Steve and Viv ? Does your Mum still live on Deerlands?

Hi Gary. Sorry to hear about your mum. My mum died 2 years ago last April. Our Steve just got married again at Gretna Green (He didnt tell anyone he was doing it) and Viv is living in Somerset with her husband and daughter. I was looking at some old photos the other day of our Steves wedding. God do we all look so young.ha ha!

I've been trying to find out when St Cecelia's church was built.

I grew up thinking it was a really old building, but was told recently that it was built at the same time as the estate? Is this true?

I grew up thinking it was a really old building, but was told recently that it was built at the same time as the estate? Is this true?

Hi bush

must have been built after 1938 when they were looking to get money for a church ..google it and see link

on st cecelias web site

Hi bush

see link on st cecelias web site

It's got a website?? wow, technology has spread its tentacles far and wide...

Hi bush

must have been built after 1938 when they were looking to get money for a church

That seems about right as the website says it's "over 70 years old" which puts it at 1939/40

Sadly the building is in bad need of repair and its future would seem to be in doubt, according to the site. Shame! I'm not a church person but it is a lovely building.

In 1971 we used to watch Pete Howe and his band (Dave Heywood and Phil Johnson) rehearsing in the cellars underneath the main crypt. Spooky but very memorable, to follow the genesis of such songs as "King of the saucepans" and "Hit me over the head with a fire extinguisher,,"

Pete and Phil both sadly now passed...

My cousin lived on Yew Lane Veronica Harrison, iv been trying to find her for years no luck she married a Barry Fox, dont know if the names ring any bells let me know. thanks

Iremember Veronica on Yew Lane went To School (Yew Lane Secondary Modern School ) with her early 60's - lost touch when i moved away after getting married. I remember she 'knocked 'around with a girl named Christine Hudson :)

I used to be a choir boy there, they used to pay us a tanner to sing at a wedding,a shiiling if you did a solo, sometimes got invited to the reception after :|:|