Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

My old dutch lived at 1 Mansell Road and went to Mansell School in the fifty,s.

joto

bernard atkin had 3 children 2 with his first wife who died quite young

david and june ann he married again and had peter

remember he had a dog called flick who used to come with us where ever we went swear she thought she was one of the gang

Peter was the youngest to Bernards first wife who died when Peter was five years old .He married his second wife Irene who had two kids of her own,

Yvonne and Chris

i remember the night he died. He was in the beagle, throwing for double six, when a coughin fit started so he went outside for some air, and sat on the wall.

Never got up!

:(

i've always stayed away from double six since then.

you the grim reaper???

joto

bernard atkin had 3 children 2 with his first wife who died quite young

david and june ann he married again and had peter

remember he had a dog called flick who used to come with us where ever we went swear she thought she was one of the gang

I grew up on Milnrow Rd, and I think the Atkin's I knew were a different family. Their house was attached to ours but we were in a corner house, so we lived on the road as said and they lived on Milnrow Drive. The oldest I'm sure was called either Arthur or Bernard, there was a daughter who'd be around 70 now called if I remember Pauline, then there was David, the youngest Jacqueline who would be 65 now. On the same road as me was another Atkin family, Margaret ( my best friend) Sandra, Barbara, and Susan. I wonder if any of these ex neighbours of mine come on this forum.

I( was born in Parson Cross in 1940 when people were friendly and were quite prepared to help their neighbours. I now feel sorry for the people who cannot get away from the area which seems to have become not unlike Beirut with problems.

the batt

sorry batt me who got it wrong.was such a long time ago its easy to get facts mixed up

the batt

sorry batt me who got it wrong.was such a long time ago its easy to get facts mixed up

Easy mistake to make cos Pete is about ten years or more younger than June

I never Knew the dog flick but I do remember David giving Peter a pup which

he called Ivan he had that dog for many years and he went all over the place

with the kids on our estate everyone knew Ivan, brilliant dog.

I grew up on Milnrow Rd, On the same road as me was another Atkin family, Margaret ( my best friend) Sandra, Barbara, and Susan. I wonder if any of these ex neighbours of mine come on this forum.

I knew Barbara. She'd be about 60/61 now I guess. Her best mate was BeeBee Nelson (real name Beatrice believe it or not). For a while they hung around with a couple of the cycle speedway guys on Wordsworth

Heres another bugger Steve just been told by Pete Atkin that Ray Beer died

on Monday

just to let u know if u knew ray his funeral is at city road on thursday 3rd november at 1045 for all who knew him are more than welcome to attend

just to let u know if u knew ray his funeral is at city road on thursday 3rd november at 1045 for all who knew him are more than welcome to attend

i went to school with his sister susan, its really sad that ray has gone i remember him very well, thinkng of his family at this sad time, god bless ray

batt

remember ivan very well we used to live about 12 houses down from atkins and when my dad came home in his blue mini ivan used to run at the back of it to greet him when he got out

he used to pull his jowels back and it looked like he was smiling

my ma used to work at a butchers so ivan always got a treat for his trouble

Ouch!! RIP Wally

:(

Was his sister called Susan?

Oh forget that. Just seen another post. Yes she is. I knew her at school. We were in same class.

Edited by JulieKC