Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

chap blade

wondered if anyone remembered bernard atkin a gang of us used to play in littlewood and dave atkin used to hear his dad whistle him from there must have been nearly a mile away

great bloke bernard

chap blade

wondered if anyone remembered bernard atkin a gang of us used to play in littlewood and dave atkin used to hear his dad whistle him from there must have been nearly a mile away

great bloke bernard

Did they have a sister called Jacqueline? I think the older sister was called Pauline :huh: my memory isn't what it was for names.

Did they have a sister called Jacqueline? I think the older sister was called Pauline :huh: my memory isn't what it was for names.

older sister is called June living at Batemore I do believe ,shes still married to Mick Hague (lived on Dugdale I think

Mansel was left in special measures and a lot of debt by previous headmaster :(. I assume they have sold off the front playground to refinance :(

Mansel is NOT in special measures.

Mansel is NOT in special measures.

Maybe not now, but things are from good and cant wait to transfer my kids.

Mansel was left in special measures and a lot of debt by previous headmaster :(. I assume they have sold off the front playground to refinance :(

im working on that school. its gona be sound shiny:)

Just goes to show I thought Wally died years back, must have been Alf I was thinking about.

Big Bernard brings back memories he used to whistle louder than anyone I ever heard. He dumped an old Hillman car in the corner of the field behind his house we played in it for years
and he dropped a bit of a bollock by putting a gate in his back fence as a short cut to the Beagle, problem was it became a short cut for all us kids off Yew Lane:hihi:

Debbie I was at Mansel with your sister Viv, she went to Colley and I went to Yewlands, last I heard from her back on Friends Reunited a few years back she was working for HSBC down south. Hope shes ok

I dont think the car was dumped by Bernard as no-one in the house could drive at that time but yes many happy memories of that car

older sister is called June living at Batemore I do believe ,shes still married to Mick Hague (lived on Dugdale I think

I'm thinking of some different Atkins then, we had two on our Street on Parson Cross. :)

joto

bernard atkin had 3 children 2 with his first wife who died quite young

david and june ann he married again and had peter

remember he had a dog called flick who used to come with us where ever we went swear she thought she was one of the gang

Hi Debbie

Bonfire night at 405 was always a bit spesh. Neighbours used to chip in to make it all work. Even Hilda Fairchild knocked up a tray of parkin to go with the toffee apples and slab of bonfire toffee.

The Guy Fawkes always looked a bit like Eddie Bedstead (Sam)

We used to go back early next morning to get the roast potatoes out of the ashes....

I remember one year Harry Fairchild built a new fence that took him ages ,day after bonfire night the fence was gone wonder were that went:o:o

did anyone live on mansel avenue or around that area

Babysenior, this must be Tracey, hi this is Deb Cannon (yes still a Cannon)

I can remember the day the garage slab fell on you, our Steve was horrified. Its good to hear your mum is ok. As it nearly Bonfire night I can rememer the Bonfire party we used to have on your back garden with your mum in the kitchen making toffee and goodies for all us kids. Living on the cross was good good at that time. All the neighbours were your auntie and the back doors were always open, unlike today where all doors are securely locked. them were the days !

Hi ya Deb,Gary here Mum passed away April last year. hope your ok how's your Steve and Viv ? Does your Mum still live on Deerlands?