Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Thanks for that, it's great to see, 87 Mansel Cresant on a couple of photo's

i got the link of jabbs,, fab pics of the cross and especially mansel. amazing memories :)

Hi, does anyone remember the old guy that used to come around with a long pole and knock on the upstairs window to wake you up, think my dad paid him a bob a week. Also I vaguely remember the gas lighter down the bottm of Deerslands Mount. Was I dreamimg????

Was I dreamimg????

Yes, you probably were

Wow, the photos are very good

I'll have a good look through them at the weekend and see how many places I recognise

Saw The Ritz on my first wander through. Gosh the memories come flooding. Saturday mornings have never been so exciting, except perhaps when Brian Matthew does a Beatles special. It opened in 1939 and closed as a cinema in 1966, although it continued as a Bingo Hall until 2001. The last double-bill of films was "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" originator of a long running TV series, and "Mysterious Island"

I was there

are you on facebook at all??

Yep

Steve Bush

same avatar as on here (Frankie Sidebottom)

Yep

Steve Bush

same avatar as on here (Frankie Sidebottom)

i just found you bush and sent request mate :)

.We lived at 434,WORDSWORTH AVE.until about 1949. CANADA.

Did you know The Mooneys? I know they lived around there but I'm not sure when they moved in. They had a son, Tony, who went on to become a very successful teacher in the 1980s. I seem to remember he was head of a prestigious public skool for a while

can anyone remember Rod Humphries, he lived at 98 Fulmere Cres with his mom dad & twin sisters in the 1950`s, he went to colley road sec mod school, his mom & dad did sequence dancing. I would like to get in touch if poss.

Brian Hill.

Do anybody remember Antony Fairbrother from mansel?

Yes I remember Anthony Fairbrother, he was a year or so older than me at school. his sister Jacqueline was in my year!

Is there no one still around who lived on Masters Rd in the late 40's?