Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

My youngest brother Andrew.

Mentioning See Emily Play - one of my very favourite songs, good old Sid Barrett! Incidently my youngest is called Emily!

Mine too!!

I cant imagine her having grandkids!

Having said that, the last time I saw her was when she was about Twelve! :D

We used to hang around in a group in Deerlands close and get up to mischief. She brings back some good childhood memories. :)

To be honest she probably doesn't look much different from when you last saw her - she looks great! I'll tell her what you said - she'll be dead chuffed!

Paul is still in Parson Cross, I usually see him once a week on my way to work with a woman who might be one of the sisters.

Paul, Janet and Linda all still live together and they still live on Knutton Rd,

Paul, Janet & Angela do still live on Knutton and have a care worker who looks after them. Freddie is still alive and kicking and lives around the Burngreave/Pitsmoor area. My in-laws lived next door to them for years.

Does your dad know what happened to the Kellys? I used to knock around with Jeff and he had two younger twin brothers

I remeber the blind man that used to stand at the bottom of Rokeby road, he was little and thin with bang straight white hair, he seemed scary when we were young but after talking to him he was a really nice bloke.

At the very end of Wordsworth Avenue, just up from the Herries Rd junction, there is a sign which says “Welcome to Southey”

Southey?

SOUTHEY??

This is Parson Cross surely??

Southey doesn’t start until at least part way up Donovan. The Fortyfoot is a Parson Cross pub.

The first “Welcome to Parson Cross” sign is near Doe Royd. This would mean that The Ritz is at Southey?

Shum Mishtake Shurrly!

We lived on southey hill and glad we move, had been broke into

a few times and the neighbours around us,

police caught some of them and they lived on dryden rd

and they use to booze in magnet, druggie pub and glad its knocked down.

We lived on southey hill and glad we move, had been broke into

a few times and the neighbours around us,

police caught some of them and they lived on dryden rd

and they use to booze in magnet, druggie pub and glad its knocked down.

im not suprised the magnet got demolished,, i remember that a few guys one night came in and removed the game machine and put it in the back of a van and the landlord was scared to confront them,, when it closed down it was meant to be turned to be a yound offenders insitute but i guess it did not work out as a barbed wire and electric fence would not have not kept them in as i guess donny prison was the best prison for the little sods

richard px5,

just seen your picture of parson cross

i like the pulp ---- with common poeple looking at the empty houses.

--------------------

who burnt them front of the houses.

richard px5,

just seen your picture of parson cross

i like the pulp ---- with common poeple looking at the empty houses.

--------------------

who burnt them front of the houses.

it was vandals that burned down the houses,, i was just going to visit my parents on parson cross and thought i would stop and take some pics, i was going to go in some of the burned out houses for some pics but it was way too dangerous. its such a shame to see px like it was but i did it cos people was wanting to know whats been happening on the cross as far away as oz,, some people was not happy about my vids i put on youtube as it was potraying it as a bad estate, i put them on so people could see whats happened on the estate but its onwards and upwards on the cross as buchannon regeneration is coming on great

Yes we used to own a chippie on Lindsay Avenue