Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Does anyone remember the Callaghan's of Buchanan Road back in the 1940'-70's..

John Callaghan ?

hi daisy,,i went in beagle many years ago when scott and shaun wright was in the snooker league,,shaun was in beagle b team and i was in beagle a team with scott wright ,bob rodgers,ted taylor and a few othres,,, god it was years ago but beagle was a great team,,now bob wright is the treasure of colley club and most of the team went to colley club..now beagle has a crappy pool table,,it went down hill when tony pelligrena passed away,,he was a great snooker player and i hated going taking him on, i remember the game of life what we all did on the table,,,,,great times in the beagle

My nan and Grandad lived at 299 Deerlands Ave, next to Lorna and the otherside from Ted and his brothers Mick and Jimmy. My dad was Tony Howard. My nan and Grandad went in the club from it being built. Ada and Sonny. I think you Know my mum?

I remember Ada and Sonny, My gran lived at 414, who is your mum? I don't remember your dads name!

I lived on Masters Rd 1947-52, it was a great place to live, we youngsters used to meet in the Circle, we played games, chatted to the girls, went to the Youth Club, very fond memories. Now I read things that I don't understand, what went wrong?

`hi janner i lived on elm lane but spent lots time on Masters David Bailey Eddie Goldthorpe they lived on the Circle Eddie Wittles Milton Brothers Brian and Charlie,the Fowlers Kenny Wild ,Leddwoods ,they all lived on Masters around that time ,i went to the youth club 1953_58.

`hi janner i lived on elm lane but spent lots time on Masters David Bailey Eddie Goldthorpe they lived on the Circle Eddie Wittles Milton Brothers Brian and Charlie,the Fowlers Kenny Wild ,Leddwoods ,they all lived on Masters around that time ,i went to the youth club 1953_58.

p,s .Janner whats your name our paths must have crossed .

Lindsay Road Youth Club maybe????

Good thinking Stevew .who would have thought it.

Hi okismoki. I grew up on falstaff crescent. im sid and margret petch's granddaughter. you will probably know my mum,uncles and aunty. would be nice to hear from you and if you have any stories about them from when they were younger. what is your name, i'll see if my mum remembers you.

The English teacher who practiced Morris Dancing was Bill Stoddart.

Does anyone know wher the following teachers are..

Geoff Evans

Bob Carmody

John Mellor

Mr mellor taught me back in 69 he was the best and most interesting teachter colley school ever had he now lives in ecclesfield i see him somtimes walking around the village

Most people who live on the cross or lived on the cross know of Walt. He used to live on Knutton Rd. I was brought up on the cross moved around a bit and came back to the cross. My mum still lives on Rokeby drive and my nanand grandad have lived on Holgate Ave and has done so since the houses were built. My other nan and grandad used to live on Deerlands Ave just before the Adlington roundabout. some of the names of families bring back memories. I went to Monteney infants, Juniors and then Colley. There used to be a blind man that used to stand on the bottom corner of Rokeby Road he was scary at first to all the kids but an ok bloke once you got to know him. We used to race our trolleys down Rokeby Road to see who could go the fastest then crash into the kerb on the corner. I remember the Fletchers van that is still running today and Alfs that is still going. We used to also knock about on the fields of Margetson that are now the flats. I also know Bob Wright he was a very big friend of my dads.

Did you know the Kelly and Butcher families that lived on the right side of Rokeby Road near the bottom? That would be in the 1951-54 era

The English teacher who practiced Morris Dancing was Bill Stoddart.

Does anyone know wher the following teachers are..

Geoff Evans

Bob Carmody

John Mellor

geoff lives on creswick lane & john lives on st michaels in ecco

Did you know the Kelly and Butcher families that lived on the right side of Rokeby Road near the bottom? That would be in the 1951-54 era

Kellys lived on the left looking up the hill from Wheata Brewits live opposite on the corner , Hills lived opposite at 1 Wheata , never Knew of a blind man on the corner , and I lived there from '47 till '65

Dad lived there till a couple of years ago 50 + years in the same house