Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

What was the english teacher called that practiced morris dancing at the front of the class?

i dont know mrs salveta was my english teacher and my form teacher for a while i think there was a mr blowers who had a breakdown and put his fist trhrough the class window ithink he did maths

anyone knw the hemingams lived on colley rd in the 1960s or the dexsters off milnrow or the warrens off margeson

Ahhhh, mrs salveta!! She was my English teacher and a fantastic orator. She got me into poetry and books big time. Hey, i lived on Milnrow for 27 years till i moved in '79..i remember the Dexters..

Ahhhh, mrs salveta!! She was my English teacher and a fantastic orator. She got me into poetry and books big time. Hey, i lived on Milnrow for 27 years till i moved in '79..i remember the Dexters..

i went to school with anita dexster do you know what happened too her

Sorry jaki, I dont know what happened to Anita or any of my old friends and neighbours from that area. would be nice to find out though eh? :)

i guess you know jill and neville clarke,,they lived on the corner of holgate rd/ave,, you may also know walter clarke,, he was in a wheelchair, he was known as cripple walt,, he went in colley club but now lives in the old peoples home on holgate

Most people who live on the cross or lived on the cross know of Walt. He used to live on Knutton Rd. I was brought up on the cross moved around a bit and came back to the cross. My mum still lives on Rokeby drive and my nanand grandad have lived on Holgate Ave and has done so since the houses were built. My other nan and grandad used to live on Deerlands Ave just before the Adlington roundabout. some of the names of families bring back memories. I went to Monteney infants, Juniors and then Colley. There used to be a blind man that used to stand on the bottom corner of Rokeby Road he was scary at first to all the kids but an ok bloke once you got to know him. We used to race our trolleys down Rokeby Road to see who could go the fastest then crash into the kerb on the corner. I remember the Fletchers van that is still running today and Alfs that is still going. We used to also knock about on the fields of Margetson that are now the flats. I also know Bob Wright he was a very big friend of my dads.

anyone knw the hemingams lived on colley rd in the 1960s or the dexsters off milnrow or the warrens off margeson

I used to work with Mary Dexter, she was glass washer at colley Club, her daughter married Paul Cosgrove(Cozzy).

Did he ever offer to cut all your hair off? From what I remember he used ask everybody the same thing!

He still has the shop on there and still gives every man and child the same cut lol. He is still slow and still has the same greasy long hair he had then.

Most people who live on the cross or lived on the cross know of Walt. He used to live on Knutton Rd. I was brought up on the cross moved around a bit and came back to the cross. My mum still lives on Rokeby drive and my nanand grandad have lived on Holgate Ave and has done so since the houses were built. My other nan and grandad used to live on Deerlands Ave just before the Adlington roundabout. some of the names of families bring back memories. I went to Monteney infants, Juniors and then Colley. There used to be a blind man that used to stand on the bottom corner of Rokeby Road he was scary at first to all the kids but an ok bloke once you got to know him. We used to race our trolleys down Rokeby Road to see who could go the fastest then crash into the kerb on the corner. I remember the Fletchers van that is still running today and Alfs that is still going. We used to also knock about on the fields of Margetson that are now the flats. I also know Bob Wright he was a very big friend of my dads.

I knew Walt he was Barbara's partner, I know Bob wright and Shaun and Scott, I used to work in colley club years ago behind the bar and collecting glasses! My grandma also lived on Deerlands just before Adlington round about(Cross side of it)

Edited by Glenn Fox
missed summat!

Yeahhhhh thats the one!

I forgot they were called Derbyshires!

Derbyshire's is still there and so is Fred he still works in there with his family. It is still a hardware shop but also has a good selection of pet supplies as well .

I knew Walt he was Barbara's partner, I know Bob wright and Shaun and Scott, I used to work in colley club years ago behind the bar and collecting glasses! My grandma also lived on Deerlands just before Adlington round about(Cross side of it)

My nan and Grandad lived at 299 Deerlands Ave, next to Lorna and the otherside from Ted and his brothers Mick and Jimmy. My dad was Tony Howard. My nan and Grandad went in the club from it being built. Ada and Sonny. I think you Know my mum?

He still has the shop on there and still gives every man and child the same cut lol. He is still slow and still has the same greasy long hair he had then.

I only ever let him cut my son's hair once never again he looked like he had been scalped at the back and a basin put over the top.