Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

That is Bushbabys brother Pete

see i was only 7 at the time so, i can't remember that much!

Does anyone remember the Callaghan's of Buchanan Road back in the 1940'-70's..

yes,they lived at 123 buchanan road,side of the jennel that went up to falstaff,i think the husbands name was bernard,always wore a nick hat.

i think the place you are talking about was fred hartleys...it was supposed to be trade but i think everyone had got a pass to get in there, we really thought we were buying some real bargains, would be worth a fortune on ebay now though. lol

fred hartleys.....i worked there in the warehouse,behind the store,in 1977,a load of us started at the same time,and,1 by 1,we were sacked for trivial things,we found out later,it was to cover for a crooked managers fiddling,roy goddard was pulling scams,taking stock,them sacking someone,telling the other managers that he suspected the lad of nicking,but ,as he couldn,t prove it,there was no need for the police......however,neil towns watched him,caught him and handed him over to the cops.

see i was only 7 at the time so, i can't remember that much!

Good try though Glenn. I'm not sure I ever played in the same team as the legendary Stan Sharp!

fred hartleys.....i worked there in the warehouse,behind the store,in 1977,a load of us started at the same time,and,1 by 1,we were sacked for trivial things,we found out later,it was to cover for a crooked managers fiddling,roy goddard was pulling scams,taking stock,them sacking someone,telling the other managers that he suspected the lad of nicking,but ,as he couldn,t prove it,there was no need for the police......however,neil towns watched him,caught him and handed him over to the cops.

My "Fred Hartley" trade card was just a fotocopy (and a poor one at that) of someone else's, but nobody seemed bothered. I bought my sister an ironing board for a wedding present - 1972 I think

My "Fred Hartley" trade card was just a fotocopy (and a poor one at that) of someone else's, but nobody seemed bothered.

Me and my mate John perfected the fake Fred Hartley card using our work photocopier and double sided sticky tape. We bought all manner of car related stuff from their in my case for the Morris Minor Estate. Sports steering wheel and Elpico push button radio comes to mind not to mention quilted rally jacket. Quite right that no-one seemed to worry about checking the card.

I went out with a hairdresser called Susanne from Adkin Rd for a couple of years around 1967. Her old man had quite a fearsome Alsation dog.

did anyone go to colley school in 1965 and was born in 1952

hi bonj did you know the dexsters ithink they livd at number 11 iknocked about with anita

i lived at 650 wordworth ave untill 1973 when i got married and went to live on foxhill then in 1979 iwent to live on southeygreen where i still live now love to hear from anybody who lived on wordsworth around the same time

i remember Wetherall he was my form teacher. i think in the 2nd year, i always thought of him and Gibbs as letcherous dirty old men, my favourite was of course Brightmore, then there was fizz and Mrs Salveta, didnt Mr Burgin and Mr shaw both die whilst on their holidays. [not tog lol] oh and the one that wore a beret, the music teacher, his name escapes me at the moment, I think it began with I maybe Ibbotson, Miss Hudson and Miss Piper, Mrs Moore to name a few more. happy days,i never wanted to leave school.

when i was there i hated it why did you like brightmore he used to rapp your knuckels with a ruler if you was late mr birch the headmaster was horrid miss culveater the dept head she uesed to slap your face and your legs the best teachers were mrs salveta and both of the overend brothers one was science and one was re i hated school i used to get bulled by pupels and teachers but it would not be allowed today i think that is why it was hard for me to learn

What was the english teacher called that practiced morris dancing at the front of the class?