Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

i believe it starts at the junction of adlington/deerlands & holgate & runs right down to the civil service club on wooley wood bottom[/QU

it starts at chaucer rd really,on the corner,you walk down through the garage,across wordsworth and down past the flats and then across at the bottom of adlington

It actually starts up Foxhill has a spring and it is known as the Black dike, that's what it is called on all ordinance survey maps!!! I lived at the side of it for 20 years and my mum still lives there today, sadley my dad passed away a couple of weeks ago but he lived at the side of it for nearly 60 years, and it comes under the old Alan Ponds garage it was piped off in the 50's. apperently there was a young lad killed at the time when two pipes rolled together and squashed him!!!!

It actually starts up Foxhill has a spring and it is known as the Black dike, that's what it is called on all ordinance survey maps!!! I lived at the side of it for 20 years and my mum still lives there today, sadley my dad passed away a couple of weeks ago but he lived at the side of it for nearly 60 years, and it comes under the old Alan Ponds garage it was piped off in the 50's. apperently there was a young lad killed at the time when two pipes rolled together and squashed him!!!!

I`m so sorry to hear that Roy`s passed away.

I used to love talking to him and your mum- they were a brilliant couple.

I`m so sorry to hear that Roy`s passed away.

I used to love talking to him and your mum- they were a brilliant couple.

Yes it was his funeral on the 5th November, he was poorley for only 7 weeks! he had a good turn out young and old!! Most people from the Parsons Cross turned up, they even had a free bar for a couple of hours.

Yes it was his funeral on the 5th November, he was poorley for only 7 weeks! he had a good turn out young and old!! Most people from the Parsons Cross turned up, they even had a free bar for a couple of hours.

Hey Glenn - I'm gutted. Roy was a big part of my growing up, when we used to come around to see Susan. Lovely bloke - he kind of summed up all that was good about The Cross. I'll raise a glass to him this weekend.

I have some great memories of Glenn`s parents. When she used to work at the Service station I used to go over there to wind her up as I bought stuff and she often gave me a good whack with the brush.

She once threatened to cut my willy off.

Someone once filled up their car and drove off without paying and the coppers came but no one could work the CCTV recorder so they phoned me to go across to sort it out.

I went across and three coppers, Maureen (Glenns mum) and another member of staff as well as myself went into the little office at the back.

They all stood watching the screen as I scrolled through the videotape to try to find the reg of the offending car and a shot appeared of the inside of the shop earlier that night... there was a queue of people waiting to be served and one of the coppers said `Stop there, stop the tape there... that fat bloke looks a bit dodgy.`

Maureen pointed to me and said `Yeah hes DEAD bloody dodgy, its that bugger there.`

I looked at the screen and I was standing there in the queue looking gormless.

She could take abuse and give twice as much back, manys the time when Roy offered to hold me while she gave me a good slapping :D

thanks for telling me about roy, we met at RAF sutton bridge 1956

he was sent to MALTA, should have been me but i was on weekend pass.

Hey Glenn - I'm gutted. Roy was a big part of my growing up, when we used to come around to see Susan. Lovely bloke - he kind of summed up all that was good about The Cross. I'll raise a glass to him this weekend.

Thanks Bushbaby and jabber, nice to know there are still genuine people still out there!!!

so sorry about your dad passing away,, i bet he had some great stories of parson cross,, you will have to put some stuff on here what he did on the cross,, sounds like he was well known on parson cross,, the problem is in a way that as we all get older parson cross seems so distant now,basicly full of idiots ruining the estate, not like the good old days with the known faces of the cross like eddie bedstead,ect,,

Talking of that area around that gas station on Wordsworth, any of you or your siblings breed rabbits? Way back in 1956 Dad got me a rabbit from that area and it was chinchilla coloured, it was supposed to have been fathered by a wild rabbit. I had it quite a few years and called it Nibbles :hihi:

Talking of that area around that gas station on Wordsworth, any of you or your siblings breed rabbits? Way back in 1956 Dad got me a rabbit from that area and it was chinchilla coloured, it was supposed to have been fathered by a wild rabbit. I had it quite a few years and called it Nibbles :hihi:
eyup joto,alan ponds gas station is still there for the time being before asda gets built & 1 or 2 wild rabbits are still lurkin towards the brook

eyup joto,alan ponds gas station is still there for the time being before asda gets built & 1 or 2 wild rabbits are still lurkin towards the brook

Are they gonna demolish Alan Ponds then? I used to live in the bungalows across the road, do you know if theyre going to be flattened too?

Are they gonna demolish Alan Ponds then? I used to live in the bungalows across the road, do you know if theyre going to be flattened too?
eyup jabbers as far as i know the bungalows are staying but im not too sure of asdas plans to build a fuel station or not, if they do get planning permission then its highly unlikely alan ponds could compete with asdas prices