Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

well the sooner I get out of here the better, I wont miss the smell of weed every time i go to the local shops, or the verbal abuse when I tell the kids to stop using my garden as a short cut. i'll have a big smile on my face when I finaly go.

i know where you are coming from andie,,my parents lived at the back of chaucer road shops in the malthouses (now demolished) and me wife and kids went to visit,, there were gangs on the back of the shops on the service road with knives,, they was smoking weed, getting p***ed and urinating, my dad wanted to confront them but i stopped him as if he went out they probably would have stabbed him,, the times they called police and the best they could do was to come out the next day, with that they said they are pushed for resources,,what was the point of the police coming out the next day so they never bothered phoning again even when lads was smashing the windows in the empty house next door,,quite sad really as in my opinion if the police came out on every call out, parson cross may have not got in the state it is in now

Its basically down to everyones rights being taken away, the police, teachers and parents, i remember my dad saying that the police used to give kids a swift slap if they were up to no good and if he went and told his mum she would slap him too for getting himself into trouble lol, im not saying police/techers or parents should slap someone every time they misbehaved as I can only ever remember my mum and dad hitting me once! i was too scared to be to bad! one look off my mum or dad and I was in tears! the thought of dissapointing my parents was too much to bare! but I do think that this counrty has got way too soft on discipline, I don't blame the police or parents for somtimes loosing it and giving somone a slap, i've been driven to the edge myself, there is only so much a person can take.

Its basically down to everyones rights being taken away, the police, teachers and parents, i remember my dad saying that the police used to give kids a swift slap if they were up to no good and if he went and told his mum she would slap him too for getting himself into trouble lol, im not saying police/techers or parents should slap someone every time they misbehaved as I can only ever remember my mum and dad hitting me once! i was too scared to be to bad! one look off my mum or dad and I was in tears! the thought of dissapointing my parents was too much to bare! but I do think that this counrty has got way too soft on discipline, I don't blame the police or parents for somtimes loosing it and giving somone a slap, i've been driven to the edge myself, there is only so much a person can take.

great minds think alike andie :)

i knew a lass off the mansel estate, sheryl scarborough, top lass:):thumbsup:

To say ive lived here years I hardly ever see anyone I went to school with, i do have a lot on my facebook but no one really says anything lol.

I remember Maureen Fox-her mum was Mrs Ganley who came in Corbidges newsagents where I worked at weekends. My best mate was Janice Lee whos mum was the infamous Mrs Lee who worked in the chippy. She was lovely and couldnt half chat.Look forward to reading more of the history of Parson Cross. Also- as for Clevelands garage and the "brainwave" of the thoroughfare between Chaucer and Wordsworth I still bear the scar on my face of that bloody slab that nearly killed me whilst playing in those derelict garages!!

I aint been on for a while but it nice to see somebody remebers my mum and grandmother, I remember the infamous Mrs Lee from the chippy, Do you know any other members of my family?

I remember Maureen Fox-her mum was Mrs Ganley who came in Corbidges newsagents where I worked at weekends. My best mate was Janice Lee whos mum was the infamous Mrs Lee who worked in the chippy. She was lovely and couldnt half chat.Look forward to reading more of the history of Parson Cross. Also- as for Clevelands garage and the "brainwave" of the thoroughfare between Chaucer and Wordsworth I still bear the scar on my face of that bloody slab that nearly killed me whilst playing in those derelict garages!!

I aint been on for a while but it nice to see somebody remebers my mum and grandmother, I remember the infamous Mrs Lee from the chippy, Do you know any other members of my family?

where was corbidges newsagents??? was it on buchannon??and which chippy was mrs lee at?? i know that lotus house on chaucer road was run by the lee's in the 70's but is it the same lee's glen

No they were all on Margetson shop parade, and the Mrs Lee we were talking about wasn't Chinese, She worked in the chippy for years and years, or it seemed to be so, when your a kid. The same family run the news agent for years so it was always known as Corbridges for obvious reasons. My gran lived on Margetson for years, so as a kid I always went to those shops so I could call in and see my grandparents at the same time.

Hey Glen do you happen to know anyone named Barry Fox, he married my cousin Veronica Harrison, all from the Parsons Cross, i have lost track of them. Just a thought. thanks

His he the one that used to be a TV camerman or summat like that? If so he is my old mans cousin, if not I am not sure I would have to ask!

Hey Glen do you happen to know anyone named Barry Fox, he married my cousin Veronica Harrison, all from the Parsons Cross, i have lost track of them. Just a thought. thanks

check my previous posting on this link:confused: