Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Fred Shaw ohh that name rings a bell. I wonder how Spain is this time of year.

Isnt that where he jaunted off to?

As I recall, it was Northern Cyprus where he went to open up a restaurant or summat. It's rumoured he went there because there's no extradition treaty between there and the UK, and if you owed so much to so many, (with apologies to Winston Churchill), it seems like the sensible thing to do.

hi savfran what part of holgate did you live on i lived at the top end on the right hand side looking down:thumbsup:

i lived at 109 until 1963 my mother lived there andthen moved to 103

did anyone live on holgate road parsons cross around 1954 to 1974

I know some people who live on Holgate Road - John Lee lived opposite the field and he was in my class at mansell. - John Naylor lived at 12? great friend of mine we went to mansell together, lost touch around 1962, not seen or heard from him since would like to know how he's doing, anyone know?

At 2? Holgate road lived Alan Bennett who again I went to school with (mansell again).

Know many others but can't remember their names. Anyone remember the Twinnies, number 4? Holgate

anyone know the broadhursts who lives on holgate avenue???

I know some people who live on Holgate Road - John Lee lived opposite the field and he was in my class at mansell. - John Naylor lived at 12? great friend of mine we went to mansell together, lost touch around 1962, not seen or heard from him since would like to know how he's doing, anyone know?

At 2? Holgate road lived Alan Bennett who again I went to school with (mansell again).

Know many others but can't remember their names. Anyone remember the Twinnies, number 4? Holgate

that may be the sanderson twins

As I recall, it was Northern Cyprus where he went to open up a restaurant or summat. It's rumoured he went there because there's no extradition treaty between there and the UK, and if you owed so much to so many, (with apologies to Winston Churchill), it seems like the sensible thing to do.

Yes dogsbody Fred did go to live in Cyprus ,I am sure I saw him outside a

hotel in Thurcroft about a year ago . I was driving past and I didnt have

time to mount the pavement so I let him go "sorry" and by the way

Glynn999 this site is did you ever live in Parson Cross not did you Wish you

lived on Parson Cross ,Whats up havent you got did you sign on in Dinnington

No, I'm that bloke that lives on Yew lane and used to work for Roddison and then Fred Shaw. My name's Ernie and I drove the fastest milk cart in the West. We had mutual friends called the Beers.

Alf Beer, and his son Wally (Ray). It would be stretching things to call them 'honest'. Mind you, Ray was a bit of a laugh.

I lent Ray Beer my brand new "Doc Martins" to go to court once he got 2 years havent seen him or my boots since

came to england when i was 8 and always lived in parson cross ever since, I used to love it, but now I hate this place with a passion, im trying to get out, looking for houses in better areas.

it used to be a great place when I was a kid, kids playing in the street without managing to damage anything or swear at the neighbours, we even had street parties, now the kids don't even respect where they live, they just trash the place stealing proerty to weigh in or just burn for the fun of it, spraying graffiti all over the place, the new shopping centre on halifax road has already been vandalised! and as for deerlands/buchanan being re-developed !!! just gives the idiots something new to damage! I cant wait to move.

it used to be a great place when I was a kid, kids playing in the street without managing to damage anything or swear at the neighbours, we even had street parties, now the kids don't even respect where they live, they just trash the place stealing proerty to weigh in or just burn for the fun of it, spraying graffiti all over the place, the new shopping centre on halifax road has already been vandalised! and as for deerlands/buchanan being re-developed !!! just gives the idiots something new to damage! I cant wait to move.

yeah andie i totally agree with you and most on the forum will agree,,parson cross used to be a great estate and it went downhill only over the past 10 yrs or so,, i lived on mansel for 21 years and loved it but it just got worse,,then came the demolition of my parents house,, they will never be able to re-build parson cross like it was,,its a bloody shame

well the sooner I get out of here the better, I wont miss the smell of weed every time i go to the local shops, or the verbal abuse when I tell the kids to stop using my garden as a short cut. i'll have a big smile on my face when I finaly go.