Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Ian lived right by the garage and you were next door, or very near I think. Bonj = John Birkett swap the J and B around. I think it was Stephen Broughton (Tam) that came up with that.

Yes, looking back through the posts here the ones about the man who followed his biro around and chuntered to himself stand out - you see them all the time nowadays only its a mobile they're staring at. Funny how things come round.

Good to hear from you and now I've found it I'll keep posting as things come back to me.

Would you be the "Batt" that worked for T.N.T. at Y.P.N. at Leeds??

Yeah Dogsbody thats me,I am now working for Ceva Logistics (TNT still

just a change of ownership) who are you?

Hi Joto,

I remember the flats being built, and I used to play in that cornfield - cut my knee pretty badly on some glass there and had to have nine stitches in it.

I see you're in Canada these days, the girl (my niece) on the front cover of my book lives in Calgary, took the picture when she came back for a wedding out in Hathersage.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gullstory.weebly.com

Hi John I live nearly as far away from Calgary Alberta as I do England, one day we hope to visit there. Is your book on sale in Canada too, or in the librarys? Two of my grandchildren are avid readers, and they're aged 10 & 12 so that book would be just right for them :thumbsup:

Hi Joto,

I think it should be on Amazon, it certainly is on the US site. Judging by the feedback I've had from children over here yours should enjoy it. It is a non-stop fear/fun/action adventure that boys or girls can get into.

Back to Parson Cross, when did you leave and how did you end up in Canada?

John

Yeah Dogsbody thats me,I am now working for Ceva Logistics (TNT still

just a change of ownership) who are you?

I'm Janes father-in-law; ring any bells?? Keep guessing!

Hi Joto,

I think it should be on Amazon, it certainly is on the US site. Judging by the feedback I've had from children over here yours should enjoy it. It is a non-stop fear/fun/action adventure that boys or girls can get into.

Back to Parson Cross, when did you leave and how did you end up in Canada?

John

Well John I actually left Parson Cross in 1964 to live in a old house in the Sheffield 10 area, then moved to Stocksbridge in 1967, we never could get a council house. The year was 1973 and things looked bleak for the future, shops were only open three days a week in Stocksbridge. My sister was already living in Canada with her family, so we thought we'll sell up, rent for a awhile and set the ball rolling for a new life for our kids. So in Oct 1974 we came here, and this is home now, my 6 grandchildren were born here.

I guess you've been on vacation here if you took that photo of your niece who lives in Calgary.

Hi Joto,

Possibility of visiting my niece next year as she's threatening to get married.

I was wondering if we crossed paths at all but I would have been 10 when you left.

John

bushbaby's storys are all true to the word!! i use to go on the brook with my older brothers round bushbabys age lived on milnrow drive Ward family pod,craig

bushbaby's storys are all true to the word!! i use to go on the brook with my older brothers round bushbabys age lived on milnrow drive Ward family pod,craig

Was Pod, Martin?

Use to know someone called Keith Steer, sister Irene on there.

old keith...lokked the same from being a teenager up to last seeing him in the wicker about 15 year ago

Edited by okismoki
looked...spelt wrong

god its wiered seen so many posts of people of parson cross,, its time to meet up to discuss so many good stories of parson cross,,ideal meeting places would be the cross pub,,tavern or the beagle,, great times of parson cross,,THE BEST ESTATE IN SHEFFIELD

What would I give to be at a reunion at the pub, so many names and places bring back good memories. I was sort of cocooned on Deerslands Mount, one way in one way out, except for the walkway at the top end of the Mount. But at least our communial bonfire was safe from scags that would try and take it.