Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

I passed the Reform Chapel t' other day and saw a banner about an anniversary for The Girls Brigade. Don't know when or which anniversary but I'm sure some of you will be interested.

It doesn't interest me, I was in The Brownies.

is that a brownie camera thats held together with elastic bands,just had a vision of you in your brownie uniform.SCARY :hihi:

good news ann,i had my own good news 5years all clear.sheilax

well done sheila things will go great for you now

Grimey thought for the day.

" It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to talk and remove all doubt"

Is there anyone on here that is related to Herbert E Hensman?

I'm not related and don't know anybody who is, are you related 'lakerman'? Was'nt he the landlord of the 'Who Can Tell'? If so his wife was called 'Ginny', don't know if they had any adult children though when they were managing the pub.

Grimey thought for the day.

" It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to talk and remove all doubt"

Too true Dave, I've been there and done that.

Too true Dave, I've been there and done that.

yes but have you got the t shirt

:hihi:I KNOW A MAN THAT HAS THOUGH

yes but have you got the t shirt

I passed the Reform Chapel t' other day and saw a banner about an anniversary for The Girls Brigade. Don't know when or which anniversary but I'm sure some of you will be interested.

It doesn't interest me, I was in The Brownies.

It was the 75th anniversary of the start of the Girls Brigade at Reform Chapel. My Aunty Barbara (nee Moore) went & had great time.

You may remember the 75th Anniversary of the start of the Boys Brigade there was celebrated in March 2007.

John

Hello everyone. I'm trying to put together a photo collection of Grimesthorpe's pubs, past and present.

Up to now I have: The Ball, Sheffield Arms, Bowling Green, Alexandre Hotel, Firth Park Hotel, The Who Can Tell? and the Victoria Hotel. Please let me know if I've missed any. Was there an Albion somewhere?

I need: The Crown, The Hodson, The Beehive, The Prince of Wales and Grimesthorpe Club

Does anyone have any of the missing photos? Please ask your friends and relatives.

The only photo I have of the Vic is the one wth Albert Parr. I have a pic of Grimesthorpe Club as it is now (apartments, I believe) and would like one in its club days.

Here's hoping you can help. Thanks. Ralph.

Hello everyone. I'm trying to put together a photo collection of Grimesthorpe's pubs, past and present.

Up to now I have: The Ball, Sheffield Arms, Bowling Green, Alexandre Hotel, Firth Park Hotel, The Who Can Tell? and the Victoria Hotel. Please let me know if I've missed any. Was there an Albion somewhere?

I need: The Crown, The Hodson, The Beehive, The Prince of Wales and Grimesthorpe Club

Does anyone have any of the missing photos? Please ask your friends and relatives.

The only photo I have of the Vic is the one wth Albert Parr. I have a pic of Grimesthorpe Club as it is now (apartments, I believe) and would like one in its club days.

Here's hoping you can help. Thanks. Ralph.

what about the wellington top of clevedon street i played darts there in 1960

bill boddington was landlord

Hello Mick, It's Rothay Road. Can I have a prize please?