Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hiya susan if go to http://www.bmd.org.uk cencus put what name you want and year the civil parish is brightside name of the road or street thought your sheila said thay lived on alfred rd same as mine bye darrell

Apparently my comments about the arms have upset some people, so i apologise to all who i have offended. The rumors also appear not to be true.

[quote=susan 827;

im not having much luck finding my forefathers tho,

I thought you only had one dad Sue [spike] :hihi:

Dor's Grandma knew your family from the Alfred Rd area, it's suprising how many families originated from the Attercliffe area, it must have been the hub of Sheffield before the estates were built.

We've been doing our family tree's, funnily enough, both of Dor's grandparents & my fathers parents lived on or close to Alfred Rd, both of our fathers were around the same age and I often wonder if they knew each other, unfortunately I never got to meet any of them.

skippy my grand parants lived on afred rd and normam st at the top of newall rd hows the plumbing going on and hows the back today dazza

Dor's Grandma knew your family from the Alfred Rd area, it's suprising how many families originated from the Attercliffe area, it must have been the hub of Sheffield before the estates were built.

We've been doing our family tree's, funnily enough, both of Dor's grandparents & my fathers parents lived on or close to Alfred Rd, both of our fathers were around the same age and I often wonder if they knew each other, unfortunately I never got to meet any of them.

ha-ha skippy trying to find out who my grandfathers father was dont know much about my dads side of the family tho,and as regards my dads mother well she was brought up in a childrens home apparentley although i did know some of her family who where the johnsons its agony when u dont know anything.however onwards and upwards summat might turn upwith luck,sheila and tony now travelling america the lucky things :cry::cry: shud ave been me xxx

Hiya susan if go to http://www.bmd.org.uk cencus put what name you want and year the civil parish is brightside name of the road or street thought your sheila said thay lived on alfred rd same as mine bye darrell

hiya darrell thanks for that will give it a try are u keeping ok x susan x

You're not going to believe this Skippy, but the 1901 Census shows my Grandad Rawson and his parents living at 95 Alfred Road. We might even be related or at least our family's cat must have peed up your family's entry !

Hi all, was talking in the Railway last night, and from what was said it seems that the it won't be long before the Sheffield Arms shuts down, that will be another local institution gone.

Na then geotom you should know you should never listen to rumours, yet again repeat them , especially in writing with your name on it:huh:. And Janie- m Naughty naughty, but full marks for appology :thumbsup:

Hi Walt, my husband was born at 76 Alfred Rd, Susan,s dad was his cousin.

Hi Walt, my husband was born at 76 Alfred Rd, Susan,s dad was his cousin.

Hi Jean J - I think it's already established you know Wiggleybus and Spot, did you know a boy (at the time), by the last name of Cooper? (he was tall), he lived around the corner on Upwell St near the shops. Do you remember Alan Manterfields snack bar around that same time, it was the last business in the store front before the houses? If you stood on the corner near to what was once the tram stop (eventually it became the bus stop) and looked across Upwell St, there was the start of a road that had a large entry to the back, my question did you know Gordon Wright and his sister Stella that lived there? I suspect you might be a bit younger and none of this makes much sense anyway, but you never know.

Hi fleetwood,you suspect right I am a bit younger I know wigglybus & spot through their sister they lived 3 doors from me, I dont recall those names but the cafe as I remember was own by the parents of a girl who was in the same class as me her name was Pauline Emery.