Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Thanks Hillsboro,now we can spend Saturday afternoon recalling who we can and cannot remember.Your a star.:thumbsup:
It's all fleetwood's fault - he emailed me and brought me back to this thread. I'd been wandering all over the Far North - Wadsley Bridge, Bradfield, Ecclesfield.....:P I'm always happy to help with information from my "archives"..:)

Fantastic Hilllsbro we are at 26 all names remembered now! get ready think you may get a bit more correspondance about these charts? thanks again.

---------------

What was last number house Pigeon top of moss st on left

walking up i think i new the chap there, i know he worked at

Bramalls on peter st.

I need to check that list. cheers. :thumbsup:

-------------

Hi Sheila, I've sorted my old house number out i think,

the hairdresser's shop was 44,Hunsley st, looks like all one number

for front and back of shop.

A Trevor Danial lived there then i might have been next at that

address. Brian.

Cant recall him bri,think what was the shop must have been front room.I can remember it being a library mrs scott,then greengrocers then an hairdressers.

It's all fleetwood's fault - he emailed me and brought me back to this thread. I'd been wandering all over the Far North - Wadsley Bridge, Bradfield, Ecclesfield.....:P I'm always happy to help with information from my "archives"..:)

-----------

Well Hillbro, whatever whoever its been very intresting having these

list of houses on thread.

At first it looked like a gang of fulture's invading your space, but

you've pleased a lot of people and i bet its brought some memories

back.

PS, should keep thread busy awhile. Thanks again Brian. :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 20:29 ----------

Cant recall him bri,think what was the shop must have been front room.I can remember it being a library mrs scott,then greengrocers then an hairdressers.

--------------------

Well we learn sumut every day Sheila, i never new other people

that had that shop, was you born in your old house

where you mum lived as you seem to know the history of the shop

plus Hairdresser.

-----------

Well Hillbro, whatever whoever its been very intresting having these

list of houses on thread.

At first it looked like a gang of fulture's invading your space, but

you've pleased a lot of people and i bet its brought some memories

back.

PS, should keep thread busy awhile. Thanks again Brian. :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 20:29 ----------

--------------------

plus Hairdresser.

Yes Bri I was born at 42 not hospital,it was granddads house,Louis Derrick who was brother of Arthur Derrick of 8 Moss St and Brother of William Derrick of Botham St cant recall the number but he lived in middle bit left hand side going down.Same yard as where the Marsh's lived.Our Sue started on a family tree and they originated from Nottingham.Sure there was another brother lived on Skinnerthorpe Rd.

Guilty as charged, but what a wonderful thing you do hillsbro. I found two of my own enquiries answered by simple deduction and saw a few names from the past.

plus Hairdresser.

I used to have my hair cut there as Eileen worked there for awhile and also when they moved to Spital Hill.She's cut it ever since until this year, she can't do anything to what's left but dust it.

.....William Derrick of Botham St cant recall the number but he lived in middle bit left hand side going down.Same yard as where the Marsh's lived....
It must have been No 46 - here is a scan from the 1942 directory. By 1954 Walter Marsh had moved into No 56, the former occupant of which, George Orrell, had died in 1947.

plus Hairdresser.

I used to have my hair cut there as Eileen worked there for awhile and also when they moved to Spital Hill.She's cut it ever since until this year, she can't do anything to what's left but dust it.

Just been talking to our Susan about the hairdresser moving to Spital Hill,think they called her Sheila,red hair with glasses if I recall correctly.Yes was born in that house.

---------- Post added 18-10-2013 at 15:27 ----------

It must have been No 46 - here is a scan from the 1942 directory. By 1954 Walter Marsh had moved into No 56, the former occupant of which, George Orrell, had died in 1947.

Thanks Hillsboro,and my best pal at school was Margaret Hutchinson that lived next door at 48 but couldn't for the life of me remember it.

Just been talking to our Susan about the hairdresser moving to Spital Hill,think they called her Sheila,red hair with glasses if I recall correctly.Yes was born in that house.

Don't think Sheila went only Liz , tallish, dark hair as I remember. It was above Smiths motorbike shop, around where a milliners used to be.

Don't think Sheila went only Liz , tallish, dark hair as I remember. It was above Smiths motorbike shop, around where a milliners used to be.

Must have gone Dave,exact spot that you said on Spital Hill.

If I can remember correctly, why the lack of 'odd' numbers not showing the middle and upper section of Botham St, this would be on the right side looking down. I was asking hillsbro about another matter quite sometime ago and if I remember correctly he said the houses were classed as 'back to back' and not registered or recorded as such, now we all know that wasn't the case, but there you go, so there's sides of Botham St intersected by Petre St that is not showing the people that lived there and if that's the case there must have been many other areas of Sheffield not recorded also.