Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

differant clarkes by the sound of it? some of us are still around the area though!

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 13:47 ----------

the Gordens???? Johnny and Richard????

Nope if you lived on whiteways road you would know who im on about as they have lived there since 69

Nope if you lived on whiteways road you would know who im on about as they have lived there since 69

never lived on there **** afford it! lived over the hill near wellington pub

------------

Hi ya Pigeon, Did you know the wards family on Whiteways,

they were two brothers one called Glynn ward not sure other name.

I think one brother went in Police force. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 19:26 ----------

--------------------

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/GRIMESTHORPE4010_zps8c282ecd.jpg

Hi Sheila, Sorry to say the trees have grown on your plot

of land, was this Don valley plant works built while you were still

there.

It was known as BICC Brian did wire cable.the brothers your on about used to live on Botham St before Whiteways.Glynn joined the police,Philip was in same class as me,carol was the sister but she died.

It was known as BICC Brian did wire cable.the brothers your on about used to live on Botham St before Whiteways.Glynn joined the police,Philip was in same class as me,carol was the sister but she died.

is that picture the top of cyclops st???? memories not as sharp thers days :huh:not even sure whos who on here these days!!!

Edited by pigeon
!!

is that picture the top of cyclops st???? memories not as sharp thers days :huh:not even sure whos who on here these days!!!

Yes it is Pigeon.

Yes it is Pigeon.

THX 4 PM VERY WELCOME:mad:

you lived on margate drive ????

I lived on Margate Drive and they weren't ordinary houses they were prefabs. We lived at second one up from Grimesthorpe Rd on the right, lived there 'till they pulled 'em down

Shooter

I lived on Margate Drive and they weren't ordinary houses they were prefabs. We lived at second one up from Grimesthorpe Rd on the right, lived there 'till they pulled 'em down

Shooter

Oh ok I only remember the new estate so Don`t remember the prefabs at all ........x

Shooter

Hello shooter ! are you related to the cornthwaites off Hunsley st? cybil and Dennis ?

Oh ok I only remember the new estate so Don`t remember the prefabs at all ........x

i made a fortune out of them prefabs :thumbsup: happy days

Hello shooter ! are you related to the cornthwaites off Hunsley st? cybil and Dennis ?

Pigeon is Dennis still alive,went to Sybils funeral but cant for the life of me recall seeing him.Can remember talking to Sybil's brother and cant think of his name.Remember her house on Hunsley St catching fire she had that many electric wires running under carpet.Sheila

Pigeon is Dennis still alive,went to Sybils funeral but cant for the life of me recall seeing him.Can remember talking to Sybil's brother and cant think of his name.Remember her house on Hunsley St catching fire she had that many electric wires running under carpet.Sheila

YES i BELIEVE SO? am in touch with David(1st son) the other brothers read this thread so you will get some feedback! Dennis last lived on Malton st pitsmoor sybils brother was pat he moved down south after parting with Glynis :thumbsup:did you know that sybil looked after Ronnie Billam in later years at a care home :thumbsup: