Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi George.

I think they were some steps on Wincobank Lane, opposite the old houses above the chip ole

Your right there was steps on wincobank lane

Hi George.

I think they were some steps on Wincobank Lane, opposite the old houses above the chip ole

Went to school with Frank Bown they had that chippy on corner next to Dr Willies very busy after boys club monday night ! are Keith and Trevor Lemm still knocking around? they ran the club when I used to go:confused:

Went to school with Frank Bown they had that chippy on corner next to Dr Willies very busy after boys club monday night ! are Keith and Trevor Lemm still knocking around? they ran the club when I used to go:confused:

Ann wood had the chippy at one time too she bought it of the Chinese..........x

you on about sanpan or the one opposite the ball???

you on about sanpan or the one opposite the ball???

The one opposite the ball was on the corner of wincobank lane Ann Wood had it for a while till she bought a sandwich shop on west st I know Ann very well ..........The sampan was across from the Reform Chapel ..........x

Edited by sand_dollars

Keith Lemm is o/k living over Wincobank way, but Trevor died a few years ago

I had plenty off good times at the grimesthorpe boys club with trev and plum,i can remember the camping weekends in "Lucy" the old van they had , and how trev was strict and plum let us get away with murder.Great days.Jim.

The one opposite the ball was on the corner of wincobank lane Ann Wood had it for a while till she bought a sandwich shop on west st I know Ann very well ..........The sampan was across from the Reform Chapel ..........x

yep 100% correct dont think I know Ann Wood though? sure its not Ann Littlewood? they were a big family from bottom of willoby st near corporation depot .

---------- Post added 13-05-2013 at 17:41 ----------

Keith Lemm is o/k living over Wincobank way, but Trevor died a few years ago

Thanks for that my late father knew them both very well....

Some one has passed on to me a few back copies of The Star Retro. In the Saturday, Feb 2nd edition are two good photos of Keith Lemm hosting an open day at Wincobank Chapel.

Haven't been on here for ages. Good to see that it's getting busy again.

Hi Dors, good to hear from you again, you and skippy will be preparing yourselves for a long hard winter, won't you?