Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

I believe its still a 'hostel', don't know if Paul still runs it though.

------------------------

Hiya Geotom, Hope you had a nice Christmas, did you get in

the ball over the holiday being its local.

I enclose you this picture and to pull with whoever.

happy new year.:partyhat:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Cracker2013_zps6a950c0e.jpg

Cheers Brian, not been in Ball, but been in Arms a couple of times, I think it's a sign of the times, pity.

Yes David lived next door to me at no 1 winco road. His mum was called Minnie. His big brother though was called Ronnie Ford. he married a girl called Eileen Benn and they had two children Lisa and Jackie. i'm Susan Boardman from no 3 winco road. what happened to Carol Macdonald from Wincobank Lane?

Hi, Susan. This is my first post so I hope you see it. David Sowter is my cousin, our dads were brothers. Do you remember the pigeons they used to race from there? My dad and David's dad both raced them, but kept them at Winco Road. I lived at Pitsmoor but we often used to walk over to see them. David's dad died about 1961 or 62,and my dad had died in 1959, so we lost touch after leaving school in the mid-60s. David lived in Australia for some time, but we were in touch a few years ago when he was back in Sheffield, he lived at Meersbrook. However, have lost touch again. I would love to hear from him as I have got lots of family tree information that I bet he doesn't know about, including info on our uncle David who was killed in action in WW1. David was named after him. If anyone is in contact with David, please let him know I was asking about him.(Ronnie Ford passed away about a year ago, saw it in The Star, but never really knew him as he was David's half-brother and much older).

The fish and chip shop that was at the bottom of Wincobank Lane, that's the corner closest to the old Victory Picture Palace, who remembers the different fish that were stuffed (mounted) in glass cases around the premises?

nanoffive, I've sent him a message.

Hi Skippy, are you in touch with David/ That would be great if so, tell him its his cousin, he'd remember me as a child as Janet but its Jane these days. I haven't enough posts on yet to get pms but will post more over next few days so could then give a phone number/email address. Thanks, Jane x

Yes David lived next door to me at no 1 winco road. His mum was called Minnie. His big brother though was called Ronnie Ford. he married a girl called Eileen Benn and they had two children Lisa and Jackie. i'm Susan Boardman from no 3 winco road. what happened to Carol Macdonald from Wincobank Lane?

You and David (Sowter) would recognise this impressive photo of your house.

Me and our Dave were friends with David Sowter in the late 60's. If I remember correctly his nickname was "snats". Used to often see him at Hillsborough , another follower of the true faith.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/WincoRoad_zps18c4f856.jpg[/img]"]WincoRoad_zps18c4f856.jpg

Wow, great photo of the house my dad grew up in, before David's time. Brings back fond memories, hope David, and also Susan, see it.

You and David (Sowter) would recognise this impressive photo of your house.

Me and our Dave were friends with David Sowter in the late 60's. If I remember correctly his nickname was "snats". Used to often see him at Hillsborough , another follower of the true faith.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/WincoRoad_zps18c4f856.jpg[/img]"]WincoRoad_zps18c4f856.jpg

My schoolmate Peter Jackson lived in that house early 70"s his dad was a prison officer a large family if my memory servers me right:help:

Sorry nanoffive, same name, different bloke.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 21:19 ----------

Hillsborough , another follower of the true faith.

When did they move Bramall Lane to Hillsborough walt ?

Ok Pigeon, thanks anyway. x

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 10:24 ----------

Sorry, Skippy , meant to thank you x

When did they move Bramall Lane to Hillsborough walt ?

Wednesday moved from Bramall Lane in 1887 to Olive Grove and did not move to Hillsborough until 1899. I suppose for Grimesthorpe Wednesday supporters, the move in 1899 would have been a blow as Hillsborough was no as accessible by tram in those days.