Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

bland.jpgtp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/awoollen/bo.jpg[/img]

Looks as if this one was took from right outside of our house

----------------

Hello Awoollen,

What a fantastic job youv'e done putting the pictures

on forum and with loverly memories. < Long time coming though >.

The corner shop opposite Grimesthorpe club, i remember my mum

sending me down for Fresh fish, and although it was a green grocery

shop. Can you remember them and there names.

--------------------

On the other pictures i've looked at, a name street would have jog

my memory a bit better, but 10 out of 10- you brighten up my day.

Supper pictures. :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile:

Hi, hope I'm not pushing in here, but it was Mr.Harrison's shop. He wore a brown smock and a big wide rimmed trilby hat. I lived at no. 5 Adsetts Street.(3rd door from left) The same man with flat cap can be seen on both pics. walking on Adsetts Street towards the shop, and then crossing Grimesthorpe Road towards the club.

Regards, Peter.

Edited by PeterR
Correct error.Walter was Mr.Harrison's son's name.

Hi, hope I'm not pushing in here, but it was Walter Harrison's shop. He wore a brown smock and a big wide rimmed trilby hat. I lived at no. 5 Adsetts Street.(3rd door from left) The same man with flat cap can be seen on both pics. walking on Adsetts Street towards the shop, and then crossing Grimesthorpe Road towards the club.

Regards, Peter.

my sister lived in the last house in the yard round the corner/ rhodes

Hi, hope I'm not pushing in here, but it was Walter Harrison's shop. He wore a brown smock and a big wide rimmed trilby hat. I lived at no. 5 Adsetts Street.(3rd door from left) The same man with flat cap can be seen on both pics. walking on Adsetts Street towards the shop, and then crossing Grimesthorpe Road towards the club.

Regards, Peter.

-----------------

Hi Peter, yes the brown smock, i remember him having a big

mustache and i new him as Mr Harrison now you reminded me of his name.

:bigsmile: Thanks.

Regards, Peter.

When saw the man in the flat cap I thought it was my Uncle Tom (Tommy Clarke), he lived on Cleveden St.

Hi awoollen, great photo's. The one looking down Southwell Rd, I'm not sure, but it looks like my dads car on the right side.

You said your sister lived in Harrison's fruit shop yard, would that be Mrs Rhodes, Lee's mother?

Hi awoollen, great photo's. The one looking down Southwell Rd, I'm not sure, but it looks like my dads car on the right side.

You said your sister lived in Harrison's fruit shop yard, would that be Mrs Rhodes, Lee's mother?

my sister lived in the last house on grimesthorpe rdnext to the works mick a terrance Doreen

Regards, Peter.

Hi PeterR - If you lived on Adsetts St did you know Raymond Butcher? I went to the same schools as Raymond.

my sister lived in the last house on grimesthorpe rd next to the works mick a Terrance Doreen

Hi awoollen, it was Les' Rhodes, we were big mates, went all over together, until we started 'courting'.... now that's an old saying.... and then we lost contact, used to see Mick & Terry up Firth Park, but haven't seen them for years.

my sister lived in the last house in the yard round the corner/ rhodes

Is your sister Doreen? I last saw her at Firth Browns in about 1960. Afraid I don't remember you though, but I left Grimesthorpe in 1957.

-----------------

Hi Peter, yes the brown smock, i remember him having a big

mustache and i new him as Mr Harrison now you reminded me of his name.

:bigsmile: Thanks.

I also knew him as Mr. Harrison. I made a mistake in a previous post. Don't know what his first name was, but Walter was his son's name. Mr. Harrison would send me on an errand and pay me in fruit with the over ripe bits cut off. I appreciated it though :hihi: He kept his horse and cart at the Bowling Green stables.

Edited by PeterR