Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi,lady C nice to know you,i was just wondering if its coincidence or maybe Val Coulson is a distant relative of Bill Coulson,father of my late aunt, Esther Suter (nee Coulson),married to Bill,youngest of the Suter brothers.Bill Coulson lived with bill & esther and daughter Jennifer for years,on clevedon st.,next to the steel works.I am jennifers cousin. cheers,clydesdale,

We lived at 27 Adsetts Street and knew all the Suters of which there were many. Jennifer was a friend of mine and my grandparents lived at 34 Clevedon Street. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Laurence Suter?

We lived at 27 Adsetts Street and knew all the Suters of which there were many. Jennifer was a friend of mine and my grandparents lived at 34 Clevedon Street. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Laurence Suter?

is this lad one of the sutersimg014.jpg

is this lad one of the sutersimg014.jpg

LOOKS LIKE TERRY TO ME ? but could be wrong he lives at firth park these days.

hi tara misu,and awoollen,i haven't seen terence for a long time, but i'm sure your'e right about it being terence,as i remember him.I was home a couple of years ago from Canada and attended my aunt Kathleens funeral (91),along with my sister Eileen.Saw John,Joan, Bob,there,also Jennifer and husband John. Kathleen was the youngest of the original family,and lived with her sister Mary and my gramma, at the house next to the shop 21-23 Adsetts st.I wiil be home in April/May for 5 weeks,so hoping to see more friends and relatives.May even run into one of you two,who knows? its a small world.(in2007 i was looking for an old friend at shiregreen,but no luck ,so took the bus back into town.Low &behold if he didn't get on the same bus at the top of Gregg house rd.)We had a lot to catch up on ,after 61 years of no communications. cheers,clydesdale.

LOOKS LIKE TERRY TO ME ? but could be wrong he lives at firth park these days.

another for you gary

2007-10-1914-57-00_0010.jpg

img013.jpg

Edited by awoollen

another for you gary

2007-10-1914-57-00_0010.jpg

img013.jpg

Hi ya Arthur, where do you keep digging these photo's of me from:hihi:

I think they must have been taken on the many Blackpool trips that my Uncle Tom (Gary's Granddad) used to organise.

Speaking of which, we went to Blackpool yesterday, sat having our lunch in the Tower Ballroom listening to 'The Mighty Wurlitzer' organ, and watching the people dancing, and for free.

Hi Tara Misu,i know laurence is ok i see his sister and brother (Joan/Terry) regular,but don't know where he lives or wether he goes on forum.Sheila

I would just like to congratulate Nettie J for organising a fundraising event instead of a traditional bithday party and raising over £1500 for the Sheffield Area Kidney Association on the night. If like me you missed it for any reason get in touch with Nettie cos you can still help her to increase that amount and support such a good local charity

Hi ya Arthur, where do you keep digging these photo's of me from:hihi:

I think they must have been taken on the many Blackpool trips that my Uncle Tom (Gary's Granddad) used to organise.

Speaking of which, we went to Blackpool yesterday, sat having our lunch in the Tower Ballroom listening to 'The Mighty Wurlitzer' organ, and watching the people dancing, and for free.

Hi Geotom, It was dad that used to organize the coach trips. Uncle Tom(pigeon's grandad) was one of the organizers for the club trips. I think he also had something to do with the football trips at Arthur Lees.

I came across a photocopy of Gladys Clarke's first marriage to Gilbert Bun, the other day it made me feel old, Pigeon'sdad is in short trousers.

I came across a photocopy of Gladys Clarke's first marriage to Gilbert Bun, the other day it made me feel old, Pigeon'sdad is in short trousers.

is this the one

2007-10-2014-50-21_0018-1.jpg

or this2007-10-1914-50-55_0006.jpg

I would just like to congratulate Nettie J for organising a fundraising event instead of a traditional bithday party and raising over £1500 for the Sheffield Area Kidney Association on the night. If like me you missed it for any reason get in touch with Nettie cos you can still help her to increase that amount and support such a good local charity

Oh bless you CeeBeeBee

I didn't expect that.

Yes I am very pleased to say that

Nettie's Night managed to raise £1,574.92 :)

It most certainly is not too late to

donate and it is really simple

Just go to

http://www.everyclick.com/nettiej and

give as much as you can afford

it all goes to SAKA

Sheffield Area Kidney Association.