Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Sush Brian giving me secrets away,no nights like that anymore it's rubbish when you go out now.I'll have a good try tomorrow though.Happy New Year.xx

--------

Could be at my neighbours pulling last few crackers new years eve.

Shelia i saw jimmy higgins x wife was it kath, anyway she said jimmy still

has pigeons, he been do that some years even when your dad had them.

All best in the new year 2012. x:thumbsup: :partyhat::partyhat:

DOMMI The martins first lived at 30 cyclops st then moved to grimesthorp rd tony martin lives in the south of france now

---------------

Mr&mRS Howells lived at 30, cyclops st in 1954 when i lived at 32,

when they moved they went to live on sutherland rd, then Billy norton

and wife Dot moved in no 30 and brought in an lodger called Les.:wink:

Edited by brian1941

Correct, my sisters were Ann and Beverly, and my cousin is Robert (Bob) Swallow, who lived on Margate Drive.

I must dig my old photos out and put them on the Forum.

Im fine

----------

Hi dido, this chap bob swallow did he work at firth browns, i know him

but trying to put face to name. :huh:

--------

Could be at my neighbours pulling last few crackers new years eve.

Shelia i saw jimmy higgins x wife was it kath, anyway she said jimmy still

has pigeons, he been do that some years even when your dad had them.

All best in the new year 2012. x:thumbsup: :partyhat::partyhat:

Think its Jimmy Biggins? Jimmy and Jonny gave me some birds years ago about 1972?????:help:

I would like to wish all grimethorpians near and far a merry christmas and a prosperous New Year (2012).

When I was a kid on New Year's Eve we would go round the neighbour's singing this little ditty ,

Happy new year, Happy new year,plenty of money and a cellar full of beer a horse and a gig and a good fat pig to serve you all next year. Followed by :

Hole in my pocket Hole in my shoe can you spare a copper or two,if you haven't got a penny a hapenny will do.

Then knock on the door.

Did anyone else do this?

Jean J

I remember my Grandad saying something like that every new year.

I hope everyone had a lovely christmas, didn't get chance to get on due to working nights :( so I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year x

Hiya,

Thank you so, so much for this. I think I now have an address for Alf - do you know if his wife is called Jeanette by any chance? Will drop him a line and hopefully I can put my dad back in touch with his cousins!

Thanks again for your help

Jo

Hiya Alfs daughter is Jeannette, my Godaughter Danisha is Alf's great grandaughter, i have Phils phone number and can get you Alfs tomorrow, i'll inbox you them

Does anyone have an idea where #103 Botham St was, just found out my great grandad lived there in 1881, his name was Henry Harrison, later moved to Sharpe St.

Does anyone have an idea where #103 Botham St was, just found out my great grandad lived there in 1881, his name was Henry Harrison, later moved to Sharpe St.

If my math is correct #103 Botham St would have been the second yard from the top on the right hand side looking down the street. The 'Hall' family with the (twin girls) would have been at #105 they were related to the 'Jones' family with the (two boys Alan and Dennis) at #103.

When I came to Sheffield on Thursday for Les' funeral my uncle gave me a pile of Retro mags. Looking through them, one dated 11 Sept had a photo of my teachers at Grimesthorpe school 1953/54. In case you didn't see it here it is.

Grimesthorpeschoolteachers1953-54.jpg

When I came to Sheffield on Thursday for Les' funeral my uncle gave me a pile of Retro mags. Looking through them, one dated 11 Sept had a photo of my teachers at Grimesthorpe school 1953/54. In case you didn't see it here it is.

Grimesthorpeschoolteachers1953-54.jpg

If my memory serves me right I think: back row L- R 1st was Mr Ambler 5th was Mr Crawford. front row L- R3rd was miss Hanson then Mr Briggs & 6th was miss Carter.

ill be in the arms tonight celebrating the new year in and supping some stones beer :hihi: so before i get too drunk to remember happy new year all :partyhat::hihi:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL GRIMESTHORPIANS NEAR AND FAR.

May 2012 be a good year for us all xxxxx :)