Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

We always had our bonfire on the site of the old water tank opposite 56 Cyclops st.

-----------

Hi ya dido, cant remember ever seeing a water tank.

Who lived in that end house next door to mrs sharman, i remember an

old lady living there and i know you were still in cyclops st.

i did jean,and i had to let new year in at our house only one with dark hair.:hihi:

merry xmas and happy new year.xx

yes i remember doing that

I would like to wish all grimethorpians near and far a merry christmas and a prosperous New Year (2012).

When I was a kid on New Year's Eve we would go round the neighbour's singing this little ditty ,

Happy new year, Happy new year,plenty of money and a cellar full of beer a horse and a gig and a good fat pig to serve you all next year. Followed by :

Hole in my pocket Hole in my shoe can you spare a copper or two,if you haven't got a penny a hapenny will do.

Then knock on the door.

Did anyone else do this?

Jean J

We had a different end to this rhyme. " Hole in my stocking, hole in my shoe, hole in my trousers where my bum peeps through " Times were hard and so was the skin. Merry Christmas everyone and a Healthy New Year

A Very Happy Christmas & a Great 2012 to everyone,from Linda & Terry Jessop :love:

-----------

Hi ya dido, cant remember ever seeing a water tank.

Who lived in that end house next door to mrs sharman, i remember an

old lady living there and i know you were still in cyclops st.

It was Mrs Prosser and her son David.Merry xmas brian.x

It was Mrs Prosser and her son David.Merry xmas brian.x

-----------

hi shelia, in the 50s there was an old lady that lived in the end house then next door up was mrs sharman with son michael,

and next door up was mrs prosser with david.

i'am thinking it was some relative of mrs sharman or mrs dyson. :confused:

Happy Christmas- best wishes in 2012.

another year passed us by and a little older. hihihi :partyhat:

brian it was mrs sharman mother that lived at the first house

I think the old lady was called Aggie Holmes, then there was a family called Suttley, Betty, Ithink,she had a boy and a girl.

Re, the East House my grandparents moved out shortly before the shooting. Obviously they knew everyone involved.

The water tank used to be opposite ours and Knowles house. you might remember it was where we built our bonfires, it was a round area covered in cinders.

I was on the internet the other day, and found out, which was the last house to be demolished on Cyclops st?.

Re, the East House my grandparents moved out shortly before the shooting. Obviously they knew everyone involved.

The water tank used to be opposite ours and Knowles house. you might remember it was where we built our bonfires, it was a round area covered in cinders.

I was on the internet the other day, and found out, which was the last house to be demolished on Cyclops st?.

come on dido which one.:hihi:

-----------

hi shelia, in the 50s there was an old lady that lived in the end house then next door up was mrs sharman with son michael,

and next door up was mrs prosser with david.

i'am thinking it was some relative of mrs sharman or mrs dyson. :confused:

Happy Christmas- best wishes in 2012.

another year passed us by and a little older. hihihi :partyhat:

only in body bri,still 18 in the head.

Bumped into Tracey Farnell in Rotherham the farnells lived on cyclops street mentioned the forum she is going to visit soon:thumbsup: