Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Still not coming to me,cant recall Thains remember the Sharps .I'll have a word with our Sue see if she can help with sisters names.:huh:

Thains beer-off was on the corner of Margate and Cyclops St, I have an aunt that went to school with their daughter, I think they were there from possibly mid to late forties to early fifties.

Get stuffed Ralph.:hihi:X

Just been enjoying catching up with what's been happening. Haven't been on here for ages. Nice to see the Sheila's sense of humour is just the same!

When we were kides we used to hang about outside thains shop and had a bonfire across the road on the tip

fleetwood i think they called her doughter tracy after thains left the shop a family called snells had it for a bit then they moved to an off sales on blackburn rd at the side of the moterway

It'll click Brian, may take some time though :hihi:Hope your well.

--------

Hi shelia, got to thinking you wer`nt in your house in cyclops st

when mrs thines moved out of the shop, but you do remember the sharps.

And when i moved in the street in the 50s, the Dysons lived in your house,

when they left a sheila dunn was married to a feller from london,

i knew him as brinny but forgot second name.

anyway they lived in your house -- then they went, thats when you

moved in. lets know. :cool:

Edited by brian1941

When we were kides we used to hang about outside thains shop and had a bonfire across the road on the tip

On that tip you mention hehe their was a hill that was a shortcut that led down to Petre st. - Iv'e mentioned this before at the end of the war people were digging their Anderson shelters out of their respective yards and they wound up on that tip where all the local kids fashioned a huge galvenised slide down that hill from all the shelter parts. - Telegraph and Star sent a reporter and took pictures, I wonder if that picture is still around anywhere?

Just been enjoying catching up with what's been happening. Haven't been on here for ages. Nice to see the Sheila's sense of humour is just the same!

Nowt changes wi me Doreen.:hihi:Hope ya both well,suppose it's nice and warm in your neck of the woods.xx

On that tip you mention hehe their was a hill that was a shortcut that led down to Petre st. - Iv'e mentioned this before at the end of the war people were digging their Anderson shelters out of their respective yards and they wound up on that tip where all the local kids fashioned a huge galvenised slide down that hill from all the shelter parts. - Telegraph and Star sent a reporter and took pictures, I wonder if that picture is still around anywhere?

Hi fleetwood,can remember a bloke with a wooden leg running down that hill,can't think of his name but sure he married a woman that worked at Oldfield's dairy on Moss st.Think her name was Edith ?

--------

Hi shelia, got to thinking you wer`nt in your house in cyclops st

when mrs thines moved out of the shop, but you do remember the sharps.

And when i moved in the street in the 50s, the Disons lived in your house,

when they left a sheila dunn was married to a feller from london,

i knew him as brinny but forgot second name.

anyway they lived in your house -- then they went, thats when you

moved in. lets know. :cool:

Hi Bri,1967 we moved into that house.

hi sheila i think he had 2 sisters when we called for him we went into the top yard on cyclops st they lived at the side of the shop when mrs thains had it

I remember the shop when Mrs Thaines had it. She didn't like kids in the shop.

hi the guy with wooden leg fell down going down the hill and diad he didant live on cyclops st sheila your thinking of horice jackson who lived at no 46 and brian it was jean dunn and her ubby was called bob i didant see the slid fleetwood you must be a lot older than me did you know billy stocks befor he went to oz they lived in the only yard on the right handside

brian sheila dunn and brin harker lived next to the marpels on cyclops st