Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

i think your right there Stocksy, Pam Richards married her son...

That was Barry I think.

I don't remember him having the shop, only living at the back. He was an owner-driver of a JCB 3 for a while and I seem to remember him having a mobile fruit & veg van.

Edited by Micky D
spelling mistake

I had a scooter like that around 1978 sold it to a guy called Ali across road from grandmas house on Birdwell is it possible its the same one??? he kept it in garage corner house opposite end of block to coop??????

Naw, not same one, mine was made in India, originally, and I bought it from Helensburgh, t'utherside of Glasgow.

That was Barry I think.

I don't remember him having the shop, only living at the back. He was an owner-driver of a JCB 3 for a while and I seem to remember him having a mobile fruit & veg van.

It was Barry's mother that had the shop, she used to sell vegitables from my dad and others that had allotments at the bottom of the 'wood.

I think that Ted had the shop after her..can't think of her name, other than, of course, Mrs Loukes.

It was Barry's mother that had the shop, she used to sell vegitables from my dad and others that had allotments at the bottom of the 'wood.

I think that Ted had the shop after her..can't think of her name, other than, of course, Mrs Loukes.

She was always 'Mrs Loukes' to me :)

I don't remember her taking over the shop from Hilda. I ought to, I lived close enough.

Naw, not same one, mine was made in India, originally, and I bought it from Helensburgh, t'utherside of Glasgow.

Ok it looks tidy:thumbsup: you going to reunion? is the date finally sorted out was wondering if we ought to let Gail know how many look like turning up for catering purposes ? looks like one or two GOOD EATERS may turn up:hihi:

George, Mrs Loukes ran the shop when her husband was alive then after his death Doris Lawton took it on Doris lived in the first house going up to the farm then Hilda ran it.

Ok it looks tidy:thumbsup: you going to reunion? is the date finally sorted out was wondering if we ought to let Gail know how many look like turning up for catering purposes ? looks like one or two GOOD EATERS may turn up:hihi:

The date is set for the next one on the18th November, probably a similar number will turn up as last time,although the numbers have been growing each year since the first one when just four attended.

The date is set for the next one on the18th November, probably a similar number will turn up as last time,although the numbers have been growing each year since the first one when just four attended.

Thanks will pencil it in !!!

Here is another oldie that I managed to save when

Terry Mac was having a clear out.

Do you recognise anyone :huh:

001.jpg

001.jpg

the southpaw stands out????

001.jpg

Back row far left is Ken Siddall, and I think Tony Newton is in the middle of the front row.