Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

That is just what I thought Chris.

It is those shops just up from the

Firth Park Hotel. If they had been a little

higher up, you would see the Beer Off

I think a Mr Dobson or Jobson used to have the off licence when we were youngsters? Dogsneck will know he was a regular :hihi:

beer off called Double Diamond?

flippin eck pigeon,

I'd forgotten that lol

I have spoken to Barrie Reynolds who confirms it is his brother Ian on it but he doesn't think he is to Keith's right; he thinks its Pete Webster.

He thinks the boy bass drummer was called Ferguson but can't be certain.

Between us Im sure we will get it right one day John :hihi:

I think a Mr Dobson or Jobson used to have the off licence when we were youngsters? Dogsneck will know he was a regular :hihi:

Arthur Jobson owned it when we used to frequent the place, just for a lemonade, if any of you remember the Dewick sisters, their dad worked in there evenings and weekends.

Page Hall Road hasn't changed too much since the parade, only the residents.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/Picture021.jpg

............................................................................................

There I was, minding my own business when I was accosted by one of the local hooligans

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/Picture019.jpg

.......................................................................................

What used to be the beer off is in the back ground, corner of Page Hall Road and Baretta Street.

Another old Grimesthorpian passed away.Shirley Green lived on at bottom of Hunsley st.RIP Shirley.

Arthur Jobson owned it when we used to frequent the place, just for a lemonade, if any of you remember the Dewick sisters, their dad worked in there evenings and weekends.

Lemonade eh :suspect:

I'm sure we all believe you Chris x

beer off called Double Diamond?

I used to love their windows, it facinated me how they got the glass to curve around the corner:)

Page Hall Road hasn't changed too much since the parade, only the residents.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/Picture021.jpg

............................................................................................

There I was, minding my own business when I was accosted by one of the local hooligans

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/Picture019.jpg

.......................................................................................

What used to be the beer off is in the back ground, corner of Page Hall Road and Baretta Street.

You never said you had matching bike n jacket:hihi: Looks brill, well done x

Having just looked through the thread,and spoke to my dad,i wonder if anyone remembers the Jennings family on Hunsley St?

Another old Grimesthorpian passed away.Shirley Green lived on at bottom of Hunsley st.RIP Shirley.

SAD news about SHIRLEY, only talking to Graham Shirley's son 2 weeks ago he told me then his mum was very ill, my wife & Shirley was big bingo pals.Our deepest sympathy to the Green family R.I.P.

Having just looked through the thread,and spoke to my dad,i wonder if anyone remembers the Jennings family on Hunsley St?

yes i do freddie lives over lane top i used to see him regularly we go to same gps and his wife worked in the market he is still knocking about