Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

It's a yes from me, Sue and Angela Ralph....

Regarding the date of our next reunion at The Ball on Upwell Street.

I take it we are all agreed, it will take place and be enjoyed by everyone on Friday,

November 18th.

To ensure this date problem doesn't arise again, may I suggest we set the future dates and keep to them every year. What about the last Friday in March and the last Friday in October?

Please, please make your views known. Yes, no or get stuffed Ralph.

Hope to see you all at The Ball.

Great idea Ralph

Already got next years dates in my calendar :hihi:

Hello Kevin and thanks for your post. Due to many Grimesthorpe people being unable to attend the reunion in October, the date for our next reunion is: FRIDAY, 18th. NOVEMBER

Thats good what time are we going then????

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/img002.jpg

hopefully have brought forward this foto found in the family album. Relates to Grimesthorpe Reform Chapel. Pauline Marshall on and also Joan Clegg. Can anyone help on identifying the others.

Edited by benbob
only 1 foto came forward

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/img003.jpg

This foto also from family album-but couldn't manage to forward it on previous post -still much better than last attempt about 4 months ago when I brought it on as a foto negative! Computer literate never likely to appear on my CV.....

This again Grimesthorpe Reform Chapel and our Pauline amongst the paraders-but who are the rest? Messrs Wise and Alan W are there I think.

Have a couple more skool fotos to put on but need a rest and a stiff drink first

Don.

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/img002.jpg

hopefully have brought forward this foto found in the family album. Relates to Grimesthorpe Reform Chapel. Pauline Marshall on and also Joan Clegg. Can anyone help on identifying the others.

My cousin Janet Brewin is the second one along, middle row.

Edited by mrsJDS

My cousin Janet Brewin is the second one along, middle row.

You are correct Chris. Janet says circa 1951 Back row are

L-R Cath Lynch, ? ,?, Val Whitely, Jean Dakin (Married to Bernard Oldman)

Cant help with the rest.

Tonio

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/img003.jpg

This foto also from family album-but couldn't manage to forward it on previous post -still much better than last attempt about 4 months ago when I brought it on as a foto negative! Computer literate never likely to appear on my CV.....

This again Grimesthorpe Reform Chapel and our Pauline amongst the paraders-but who are the rest? Messrs Wise and Alan W are there I think.

Have a couple more skool fotos to put on but need a rest and a stiff drink first

Don.

Brilliant photo benbo.

Im afraid Ive only named the same as Tonio.

Is Pauline on the front row? and Im not sure if we

can just see the head of Carol Webb :huh:

:hihi:

OCTOBER 21ST IS OK AM IN VEGAS SEPTEMBER I WILL PASS IT ON TO THE REST OF THE BROADHEAD CLAN

Is there no where I can go without one of you lot harping on about Vegas? The date has changed to 18th Nov :-)

REYT Ange its no problem we will find an amicable date for all of us:huh:looking forwards to it this time hope a few clarkes turn up:hihi:

I'm going to put it in the request book when I go to work tomorrow, Hope you can make this one :-)

November 18th is OK for me, am in Cleethorpes October.

Brilliant photo benbo.

Im afraid Ive only named the same as Tonio.

Is Pauline on the front row? and Im not sure if we

can just see the head of Carol Webb :huh:

I can add Keith Wild on extreme right & I think its Ian Reynolds in front of him. It looks like Barrie Reynolds who you can just see to Keith's right but I can't be certain. I will send photo to Barrie to check.

Who the lad is playing the bass drum I have no idea!

Can anyone place where the photo was taken ?

Edited by johnpm