Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Just trying to put a face to the name Frank,did you have fairish hair.can remember you working for oldfields.maiden name was Hepplestone.And your right best years of my life living in grimey.Sheila.

What was you're wifes name Frank,got a picture of a woman short dark hair,not very big either way.

What was you're wifes name Frank,got a picture of a woman short dark hair,not very big either way.

Hallo Sheila, name same as yours (Sheila) & your description is spot on, she died in 1989 just 54 yrs, seems your memory is coming home.

hallo brian, you've got it i have two more sons aswell allan & jeff. And yes i knew your family use't to see your mum & norma in firth park around the time my marie work't at the co-op. "gud un".

know all the family was in maries class through out school went boozing in rotherham with gary (aka sarge) was it geoff or alan that had a goldsmiths at beighton??? One of em went to sheff utd matches with my younger bros... Last time saw marie was at cleethorpes years ago .

know all the family was in maries class through out school went boozing in rotherham with gary (aka sarge) was it geoff or alan that had a goldsmiths at beighton??? One of em went to sheff utd matches with my younger bros... Last time saw marie was at cleethorpes years ago .

Hallo pigeon,yes Gary is (sarge) lives in leeds now no children,Marie lives in stannington two daughters 17 & 14 Alan was the one with the shops one at crystal peaks & one at firth park lives in lincoln now 4 children daughter 19-son 17 & twins boy & girl 4yrs old,geoff is on the shirecliffe 2 sons 24 & 22.

Marie will be 50 next FEB.

Hallo Sheila, name same as yours (Sheila) & your description is spot on, she died in 1989 just 54 yrs, seems your memory is coming home.

Hi Frank,soon as i asked her name her face came to me,and yours.sorry to hear she passed away so young.just have to think a bit harder now but it comes back in the end,well most of the time.sheila.

Hi Frank,soon as i asked her name her face came to me,and yours.sorry to hear she passed away so young.just have to think a bit harder now but it comes back in the end,well most of the time.sheila.

Hallo, Sheila thanks for your kind words, yes i know the feeling about thinking harder thats part of growing older, lets hope thats as bad as it gets.frank.

P.S. do you think the photo you mentioned is of my Sheila ?.

warday did the whittakers next door when you first moved number 10 i didant live or from you bye

warday did the whittakers next door when you first moved number 10 i didant live or from you bye

Yes the whittakers lived next but one the other side of the entry,roy-jean-susan & paul.cheers.

hi everbody i am off to sunny skeggie for the week i hope you are all well see you when i get back

Does anyone still have a copy of "Lord Wharton's Bible presented by the Reform Chapel Sunday School? If so do you remember all the passages we had to memorise? It took me months but I could still recite a few of them, eg The Sermon on the Mount etc.even after all these years.

Hallo, Sheila thanks for your kind words, yes i know the feeling about thinking harder thats part of growing older, lets hope thats as bad as it gets.frank.

P.S. do you think the photo you mentioned is of my Sheila ?.

Sorry Frank think i misled you,i meant i had a photo in my head of sheila.

Does anyone still have a copy of "Lord Wharton's Bible presented by the Reform Chapel Sunday School? If so do you remember all the passages we had to memorise? It took me months but I could still recite a few of them, eg The Sermon on the Mount etc.even after all these years.

Didn't go to Reform Chapel but what is a Lord Wharton's Bible?