Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

hi splitlip i realise canada is a big place but do you know john and elaine shaw who where originally from grimey if so are they anywhere near you as i have been trying to find a contact for elaine thanks susan x

No, but it would be good to find out if they are near here.

hi dors did you ever know of a clee street or some thing like that off alfred road??? susan (sheilas sis)x

clay st sue xx

Happy Birthday:clap::clap:

You must be very near to retirement now eh :thumbsup:

thanks for the birthday wishes, if business does not pick up soon it might be a forced retirement !!!!!!!!!

I remember my sister having a crush on a Mr. French & M. Wooten, hows that for a memory:hihi::hihi:

ooooooooh mrs :hihi:

hi splitlip i realise canada is a big place but do you know john and elaine shaw who where originally from grimey if so are they anywhere near you as i have been trying to find a contact for elaine thanks susan x

thought it was just elaine that went sue x

I haven't heard from her for ages either. I thought that I had her email address but can't find it. John Holbrook is her father isn't he? Is anyone in contact with him?

Dors.

Hi Dors

Are you well?

John is Lalola's father I did have is telephone number but lost it I can probably find his number unless he is exdirectory or has moved address he has not been to the last few reunions but having said that I have missed the last two.

Come on then SPLITLIP

Let's have your memories :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Nettie,

Careful remember the "the long arm of the law" probably stretches to Canada.

only joking having not seen Slip Lip for nearly 40 years it was great to catch up and with him recently on his last trip and have a good natter about the old days.

Split lip and the family tribe arrived in Grimey in 1961 and on his first day at Owler Lane secondary school in year 1 he was told by the teacher to sit next to me, no other buggar would ( was'nt he lucky) not because we were the two best looking guys in the class but probably because we were the only ones in the class with short trouses on and we were both nicknamed legs 11 for a while.

I remember my sister having a crush on a Mr. French & M. Wooten, hows that for a memory:hihi::hihi:

That would be Steve French, Mick Wooten and the reast of the 4th battalion of the Boy's Brigade, lol. :thumbsup: Just kidding, honest.

Hi Nettie,

Careful remember the "the long arm of the law" probably stretches to Canada.

only joking having not seen Slip Lip for nearly 40 years it was great to catch up and with him recently on his last trip and have a good natter about the old days.

Split lip and the family tribe arrived in Grimey in 1961 and on his first day at Owler Lane secondary school in year 1 he was told by the teacher to sit next to me, no other buggar would ( was'nt he lucky) not because we were the two best looking guys in the class but probably because we were the only ones in the class with short trouses on and we were both nicknamed legs 11 for a while.

Hi DavidRa

Any photos of young SPLITLIP in short trousers would look real good

on the forum. If you havent got any Im sure one of my Big Sisters has :hihi::hihi:

That would be Steve French, Mick Wooten and the reast of the 4th battalion of the Boy's Brigade, lol. :thumbsup: Just kidding, honest.

JEALOUS Hindy :P:love:

Edited by cosywolf
font size

Thank you to everyone who sent their best wishes for getting my degree, are you coming to part two of the graduation ceremony Gemini2:-). I'll see if any of my friends have heard anything of Lola on facebook n let you know. It threw me a little bit saying the thread was closed, I thought what have we been saying out of line now:-)

Hi everyone.

Here is a photograph that was passed around at the

reunion. Somehow I seemed to have ended up with it

I think this was also donated by

Rex Bacon and Jean Shaw.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me :hihi:

IMG.jpg

I think minniej knew where the shop was

can anyone remember?