Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Does anyone know a Veronica? who lived on or near Botham Street? Also a Christa? They both came to the Chapel SS and/or YC.

VH Christa rings a distant bell within my increasingly dense grey matter because even now it is an unusual name but can't bring her to mind....so frustrating. News item this morning said " overweight people in their 30's & 40's are more prone to dementure than those more sylphen like me and you or should that be " you and I "

VH Christa rings a distant bell within my increasingly dense grey matter because even now it is an unusual name but can't bring her to mind....so frustrating. News item this morning said " overweight people in their 30's & 40's are more prone to dementure than those more sylphen like me and you or should that be " you and I "

I think the Christa is Christa Shelton off Hunsley St. MinnieJ & her were best mates I think??

I'm beginning to doubt Shooters origin, I dunt know enny boddy from Grimey oo knows big words n'that like im. Wheelbarrer is abah't biggest word i know:hihi:

I think the Christa is Christa Shelton off Hunsley St. MinnieJ & her were best mates I think??

I'm beginning to doubt Shooters origin, I dunt know enny boddy from Grimey oo knows big words n'that like im. Wheelbarrer is abah't biggest word i know:hihi:

Yes myself & Christa were best friends,her name is unusual because its from her father who was German, a lovely family, her father was a prison of war, xx

SL Whathaonabaht. Oo washywee, washy wi ersen. are shyweroneooern

Edited by shooter

gerrawaywithisoft coorse he*s from Grimey :loopy:

gerrawaywithisoft coorse he*s from Grimey :loopy:

Thanks for that Pigeon, tharoreight thee

Hi shooter. She was a quiet girl with fair hair, very nice.....

Yes myself & Christa were best friends,her name is unusual because its from her father who was German, a lovely family, her father was a prison of war, xx

Yes, that's her - Shelton. Quite a bit younger than me I was a SS teacher and YC leader. Do I know you ? and what is Christa up to these days?

Was Alans' nick name "Sweat" or "Swet" and if so why ( an accronym of west?)

i see alan regularly, he lives close to me at aughton and goes in the robin hood there as i do, i will ask him when i see him about going to a reunion night.cheers

Does anyone know a Veronica? who lived on or near Botham Street?

There was a Veronica Gregory who lived on Carlisle Road, [Crown Hill] their yard was at the bottom of Botham St.

There was a Veronica Gregory who lived on Carlisle Road, [Crown Hill] their yard was at the bottom of Botham St.

Thanks Skippy. Was she short with dark hair?

Hi Trev,also Veronica Hawkins had a brother Billy,lived at bottom of Grimesthorpe Rd then Billy and his dad moved to Hunsley st 2 doors down from us Hepplestones.But someone mentioned a Monica and said Oleary but sure her name was Veronica not Monica.Sheila.xx