Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

No sorry Shooter didn't know a Monica but I'm sure somebody will tell you, I came from the other end of Grimesthorpe, Skelwith Rd....

sure there was a monica mitchell ? but she lived opposite enzers chippy on botham st.

Hey up everybody there's another get together on the 13th of May, at the Attercliffe Libs all very welcome..you never no you might enjoy it lol. Please let us no if your coming so we can get the Dripping cakes in, and also warn Malcolm and Gloria that the Grimesthorpe crew are heading their way lol..!!!!!

Gloria & Malcolm wont be there they go to Cuba this fri for 3 weeks ,,,,,

sure there was a monica mitchell ? but she lived opposite enzers chippy on botham st.

yes there was that Monica, and also Monica O,leary at the top of Hunsley st, but dont know of any more :huh:

was in my local club about a month ago (yes i have been in since before my sis says owt) and a lad approached me and said do you know who this is and pointed to someone

well lo and behold it was alan west from botham street, hes never changed his son lives in worksop same as me and alan was asking after all of you .... i have given him the forum lowdown and he said he wud get on here meanwhile he asked me to give all who knew him his best regards ..... he is a regular drinker with michael simmonite he said he wud try to get to the next reunion

Was Alans' nick name "Sweat" or "Swet" and if so why ( an accronym of west?)

yes there was that Monica, and also Monica O,leary at the top of Hunsley st, but dont know of any more :huh:

Does anyone know a Veronica? who lived on or near Botham Street? Also a Christa? They both came to the Chapel SS and/or YC.

yes you're right linda and i think some did class it as grimesthorpe rd with it been on the corner.

Was Alans' nick name "Sweat" or "Swet" and if so why ( an accronym of west?)

thats right shooter.

Sheila the chip shop on Carlisle rd opposite the post office I think was owned by Janet Bruin's grandparents.Jean

Sheila the chip shop on Carlisle rd opposite the post office I think was owned by Janet Bruin's grandparents.Jean

Hiya Jean,can't recall that one can remember Butlers and one same side as post office round about where the cobblers was.Sheila.x

Hiya Jean,can't recall that one can remember Butlers and one same side as post office round about where the cobblers was.Sheila.x

I think the cobblers was called Hollands and next door to them was the pea& pie shop I think the daughter of the cobbler was called Veronica.I have a photo of her taken when we went to Belguim with the school in 1955.

Hey up everybody there's another get together on the 13th of May, at the Attercliffe Libs all very welcome..you never no you might enjoy it lol. Please let us no if your coming so we can get the Dripping cakes in, and also warn Malcolm and Gloria that the Grimesthorpe crew are heading their way lol..!!!!!

Suzzie, I'm a bit triskaidekaphobic ( fear of the thirteenth ) and its even worse when it falls on a Friday. Is the "do" on Friday 13th. ? 'cos someone posted that they couldn't make it as they had a baby shower on Saturday !

What's the format, what time do you kick off, when do they bring on the drippin' cakes ( don't want to put you off but I once found a pigs mollar in a dripping cake from Kellseys pork shop, nearly broke my own tooth on it !!! ). Oh and I don't like to be out late these days, could we do it at lunchtime. Shooter

wow kevin walshaw now thats a blast from the past hehehehehe Ive been reading this thread for a while and saw your name mentioned I remember your curly black hair

Sand Dollars, most unusual handle. I've got a S.D. shell on the garage wall my bruvver bought it me in San Francisco, I'd never seen one before, I think it has Christian connotations a bit like scallop shells