Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Great Pics Ralph, I'm glad to see that you only got wet on the inside this time.

Nice pics from you too Nettie, it's good to see people getting together after so many years and enjoying the company, life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

You are right there skippy and I reckon I have done

enough of that enduring malarkey, its time I tried

a bit of that enjoyment thing folks keep goin on about :hihi:

You are right there skippy and I reckon I have done

enough of that enduring malarkey, its time I tried

a bit of that enjoyment thing folks keep goin on about :hihi:

You seemed to be really enduring the ale according to the photos

You seemed to be really enduring the ale according to the photos

Just testing it to make sure it was ok ;)

Its a hard job but someone has to do it :hihi:

Yes and yes they did. I was an engineer and started my first year on leopold st then we moved to new school at gleedless. When were you there ?

I started in 1963 Engineering the only Chris I know from Grimey area was young Chris Prior/Pryor? who set me up and John Holbrook for a confrontation with William Thomas & Snakey

David Rawson

Dave how ya doin, last time I saw you was at Queens Towers squash club, I can't remember if your dad or Steve or both were with you.......early onset senile back bencher!ps I'm only 59.

Best wishes and give my regards to Steve

Hi, yes i was a regular at queens tower then, used to take my dad sometimes ,steve is o.k living in france but works in geneva,don,t see much of him but we keep in touch, give me a clue to who you are and i will let him know,cheers dave

Hi, yes i was a regular at queens tower then, used to take my dad sometimes ,steve is o.k living in france but works in geneva,don,t see much of him but we keep in touch, give me a clue to who you are and i will let him know,cheers dave

Dave

I'm chris Pryor, good to hear from you, I remember when you and steve moved to the flats at Gleedless, visited Steve there and had my tea a couple of times, your mums name was Jean but can't remember your Dads' .....Oh yes I can it's just come to me was he Gordon.

I started in 1963 Engineering the only Chris I know from Grimey area was young Chris Prior/Pryor? who set me up and John Holbrook for a confrontation with William Thomas & Snakey

David Rawson

Dave

Yup I'm young Chris Pryor was at the Tech about then ( crap at dates and memory's not much better ) remember snakey ( was he Gary ) could never forget the welshman ( they had a donkey that i think was called Robin )but am embarassed to say am struggling to remember you but do remember your name. Help me out please. Can't bring John Holbrook to mind.

Best wishes

Chris

You are welcome shooter

I grew up with him, he was

in my class at school

He then became a very good friend of

my brothers Terry, Dave and Ian, infact

he was almost like another brother

Yes he did live on Popple Street and he still

owned the house until just before he passed away.

Nettie if you were in the same class as Terry Mac and so was I we should know one another assuming we're talking about Grimey Juniors

Edited by shooter
dodgy keyboard doesn't always register a double press

Just testing it to make sure it was ok ;)

Its a hard job but someone has to do it :hihi:

thanks J glad you was there before me to try it out.:hihi:

thanks J glad you was there before me to try it out.:hihi:

I come in handy Sheila dont I :hihi:

Nettie if you were in the same class as Tery Mac and so was I we should know one another assuming we're talking about Grimey Juniors

We probably do shooter, mind you I was and still am

very quiet and shy, so you would not remember me :hihi:

I think I was only in Grimesthorpe Juniors for the last

year or so before moving up to Owler Lane.

Our family moved to Grimesthorpe in the early 60's

I also remember Christine Lumby, Judith Hall (am in touch with her)

Edith Buckley, Jean Ross, Jean Allen, Anne Thomas, Christine Hicks

not doing too bad here am I lol

Oh I almost forgot Seth Forthergill, how could I forget him lol

Edited by NETTIEJ

Dave

I'm chris Pryor, good to hear from you, I remember when you and steve moved to the flats at Gleedless, visited Steve there and had my tea a couple of times, your mums name was Jean but can't remember your Dads' .....Oh yes I can it's just come to me was he Gordon.

Hi Chris, yes my dad was gordon ,mum died 30 years ago my dad lived in the flats the rest of his life he passed away 5 yrs ago, steve has lived abroad for years now,i will tell him to get on the forum,all the best Dave