Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

my condolences to Terry Macnamaras family, he will be sadly missed, God bless you Terry, may you rest in peace.

Thanks Terry.

I couldnt bring myself to post it.

For those of you who remember Terry Mcnamara

He passed away yesterday just after 3pm

after a long hard battle against cancer

He has two elder sisters Wendy and Pat

and they were a very close family.

Terry will be missed by many people, not only

in Sheffield, but all over the world.

God Bless You Terry Mac.

Love Jeanette xxxx

Hi

Pauline Marshall is my mum, Susan Utley is my sisters Godmother

Hi all from Grimesthorpe just joined the forum lived on Upwell Lane for about 16 yrs from 1960-76.

Hi

Pauline Marshall is my mum, Susan Utley is my sisters Godmother

Hi SallyCowan

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

I well remember Pauline Marshall from the Reform Chapel

and Cynthia Utley was in my class at school.

Please say Hi to both of them from me.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi all from Grimesthorpe just joined the forum lived on Upwell Lane for about 16 yrs from 1960-76.

Hi Nagoa

Give us a few clues and we will try to guess

who you are :thumbsup:

Hi SallyCowan

I well remember Pauline Marshall from the Reform Chapel

and Cynthia Utley was in my class at school.

Please say Hi to both of them from me.

Hope everyone is well.

Yes she was a regular there! She had 5 children all whom are married and has 7 grandchildren. I am sorry to say that she lost her short battle with cancer in July 2006. She was ill for a very short time but never lost her faith or dignity during her fight.

She has left a huge whole in all of our hearts and lives and would absolutely love this website.

Yes she was a regular there! She had 5 children all whom are married and has 7 grandchildren. I am sorry to say that she lost her short battle with cancer in July 2006. She was ill for a very short time but never lost her faith or dignity during her fight.

She has left a huge whole in all of our hearts and lives and would absolutely love this website.

Oh bless her I am so sorry to hear that Sally. I know what you mean about leaving a huge hole in your hearts. We too have lost family to cancer and recently lost a very dear friend who your Mum would have known.

Your Mum's memory will live on in her 5 children and 7 grandchildren.

I'm sure you have some lovely memories to keep you smiling xxxxx

You will have to post some old photos of her on here so everyone can see

who we are chatting about. Love to the family xxxx

I remember Pauline being May Queen at the Reform Chapel.

Was she Queen Lily of the Valley? :confused:

Hello Sally and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. If you go back to the previous page, No.158 and have a look at the photo on post No.3156.

Middle row, third from the right.

She has left a huge hole in all of our hearts and lives and would absolutely love this website.

Sally-welcome-see u got my letter!

As NettieJ said, your mam was Lily of the Valley when May Queen at the Reform Chapel. As you said, she would have loved it on here.

Don.

Lived in the houses up the steps opposite The Beehive then moved across to the other side of the road. I am now 53yrs old, the youngest of 5.