Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi billy boy yes i remember Jean and Pauline but can.t bring to mind any Scotts the only Sheila i remember lived in the opposite yard to us and her surname was Cross she had two brothers Graham and I think the other brother was Brian .In that yard were the Gledhills (Beryl and Betty) Wilkinsons although their kids were older than us but I remember Colin then the Cross family and the top house they were called Lewis. The only ones I can remember in those top houses that backed onto the fields were Wards Hodges Elliotts Holts Barstows and right at the very end Rogers - Dinah was a friend of my mums and their son was Malcolm. Brain cells tired now.

Spot on Lynne, he came back to live with his Grandmother when he was doing his police training, used to come in The Ball when we all went in.

Hello Chris wasn`t one of those sisters a ballet dancer,or some kind of dancer.I can remember her dancing at patomimes,Not sure but she may have been on the tele dancing years ago.

Hello Chris wasn`t one of those sisters a ballet dancer,or some kind of dancer.I can remember her dancing at patomimes,Not sure but she may have been on the tele dancing years ago.

Hiya Mick, I think your right that does does ring a bell I seem to remember something about it. How are you keeping ? I've had Brian here tonight, we've had a bit of a get together for Helen's 50th birthday.

Edited by mrsJDS

Could the ballet dancer have been Val Barret who lived opposite the Peacocks? I'm sure she went on to greater things on TV.

Oh 'ell, what have I said? First time I've been on here in ages and I'm talking about ballet dancing. Not done my image much good.

Could the ballet dancer have been Val Barret who lived opposite the Peacocks? I'm sure she went on to greater things on TV.

Oh 'ell, what have I said? First time I've been on here in ages and I'm talking about ballet dancing. Not done my image much good.

Come on Ralph tights and tutu's :hihi: Didn't Valerie become one of Lionel Blairs dancers ? I know one of the Peacock girls had a really good career and her and her husband gave up everything to become Lockeepers somewhere but I can't remember what career it was she gave up lol.

Come on Ralph tights and tutu's :hihi: Didn't Valerie become one of Lionel Blairs dancers ? I know one of the Peacock girls had a really good career and her and her husband gave up everything to become Lockeepers somewhere but I can't remember what career it was she gave up lol.

Thats the one Ralph,got it wrong again,at least I got the right street!,

I`m fine Chris I see you and the other two Spice Girls are out and about, looking at some of the good photo`s.By the way keep an eye on Glasby,entertaining at night,Tut Tut,don`t know what the nieghbours il think.

Hi. Ralph put two photos on the Owler Lane 60s thread for me and Susan Peacock is on one or both of those. On that thread it says somewhere that she died.

Your image is fine Ralph.......

conjures up some lovely images ralph.x

Lewis's that I knew who lived on Botham st north was David and I was told by Rex Bacon (one of the four mimes) he was there driver when they did the Clubs

Thanks Jean J Yes it was David but I had completely fogotten. Names take some raking back over the years don't they.

Thanks Jean J yes it was David but I had completely forgotten. Names take some raking back over the years don't they.