Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi nettie Yes thinking about it I got that a bit wrong It was strange to see neighbours not seen for years and what their relationships are. Yes I.ve seen the photos and we are on a couple myself my husband and my uncle Geoff it was good to see everyone and am looking forward to the book being published.

good tradesmen are hard to come by! He will be alright .

I really hope so, I've already worn the print off the yellow pages n got shares in BT and still no luck :-(

Does anyone know of a Barbara Peacock or a Victor Richard Peacock that used to live in Grimesthorpe during the 1940s and 1950s.

Hi amcam, where abouts did they live in Grimesthorpe?

Hi, geotom. Victor and Barbara Peacock lived on 14 Hawkshead Road in Grimesthorpe?

Keep up Geotom even I could asnwer that one lol x

George, Victors parents lived at 53 Skelwith Rd (bottom of the close) Mark Williamson bought the house when Mrs Peacock passed away, Barbara's maiden name was Foulds and she was the one who lived on Hawkshead, when they married they bought 81 Skelwith Rd (the one that has the extention on) they had one son Phillip about same age as me (are ya keeping up lol) Barbara passed away, I believe Victor lives in Stairfoot now, he had another brother I can't for the life of me remember his name and two sisters Janice and Susan I think their names were, know who it is now ? phewwww.

Edited by mrsJDS

George, Victors parents lived at 53 Skelwith Rd (bottom of the close) Mark Williamson bought the house when Mrs Peacock passed away, Barbara's maiden name was Foulds and she was the one who lived on Hawkshead, when they married they bought 81 Skelwith Rd (the one that has the extention on) they had one son Phillip about same age as me (are ya keeping up lol) Barbara passed away, I believe Victor lives abroad now, he had another brother I can't for the life of me remember his name and two sisters Janice and Susan I think their names were, know who it is now ? phewwww.

I remember Philip. He joined the police force if I remember correctly.

I remember Philip. He joined the police force if I remember correctly.

Spot on Lynne, he came back to live with his Grandmother when he was doing his police training, used to come in The Ball when we all went in.

hi nanny P its great to hear from you again,it takes me back to the good days we all shared together, Im so pleased you keep in touch with all the old friends I was married and lived at handsworth, but sadly it ended in 1978. I now live on my own at stocksbridge.but not to worry.I would love to see some of the old friends again.I remember all those you mentioned do you rember shielar Scott opposit Jean Bownes and Pauline Elliott also. well ill say bye for now hope to hear from you soon god bless Bill hayes

George, Victors parents lived at 53 Skelwith Rd (bottom of the close) Mark Williamson bought the house when Mrs Peacock passed away, Barbara's maiden name was Foulds and she was the one who lived on Hawkshead, when they married they bought 81 Skelwith Rd (the one that has the extention on) they had one son Phillip about same age as me (are ya keeping up lol) Barbara passed away, I believe Victor lives abroad now, he had another brother I can't for the life of me remember his name and two sisters Janice and Susan I think their names were, know who it is now ? phewwww.

errr sorry no, heard the name Janice Peacock, think our June's age? see its all top end Birdwell, I was bottem end Birdwell n' didn't get out much...sheltered life you know.

That apart, does that help amcam?

billyboy Hi bill nice to hear from someone at top o Grimesthorpe.Havn't seen anything of ken or the barstows but often see Mavis and Peggy - Ken's sisters Do you remember the Billams well Alan Billam is writing a book on old Grimesthorpe. Just before Christmas I went to a reunion that Alan had organised and met up with Joan Huckle (she lived next door to Gledhalls shop) Sylvia Dawson and Doreen Thompson was there with the daughters of her younger sisters Jean and Rita. I went with my uncle Geoff - one of the Bingleys who lived just up from your house across the gennel. That top half of Grimesthorpe is unregnisable now.

Hi granny p, Would Joan Huckle be Howard Huckles older sister?

Hi Dommie Yes Joan did have just the one brother and that was Howard dont know his whereabouts now.