Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Gonna be 57 later this year, went to Owler Lane Infants, Grimesthorpe Juniors and Hinde House School, was in the same class as Marilyn Parker - mentioned a few posts ago - her mum was partially deaf and dad profoundly deaf - Marilyn (christened Sarah Marilyn hated the name Sarah) was a rock chick in the 60's and trained as a dispenser in Boots pharmacy - haven't seen her for years though

Welcome CeeBeeBee

If you are gonna be 57 later this year then you would have been in Wendy Jessops class. She was great friends with Marilyn Parker (I never knew she was christened Sarah bless her its a lovely name!)

If Im right you also went to College with our Pauline :huh:

What do you think? am I getting warm :hihi: I reckon Im scorching

Edited by NETTIEJ

:thumbsup:

well said geotom... but i dont think they will stop,look on the Brightside (no pun intended) most of them are good honest people.

No pun eh!

And where have you been pigeon

Not bin on for a while.

Come back with your memories :thumbsup:

Too slow Nettie, they change constantly so you missed it. If I remember rightly it was advertising a plastering course. Make any sense now?

F x

Ah missed it then. Ive been a bit busy lately.

Plastering course - Well I know some as could do wi going on one :hihi::hihi:

Still sorting that out :thumbsup:

She only just got home we been to see new baby, she will have a couple of lagers and then be on, she will defo get you cbb, she thinks she clever but we all call her tweedle dum, wonder why,:hihi::loopy:

You had to go and do it didnt you.

Well to put the record straight.

Our Ian called us Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

and as you know I am right clever :hihi:

So therefore I cannot possibly be Tweedle Dum

So that means I must be Tweedle Dee.

Now I can rest :thumbsup:

Cos she angs around wi Tweedle Dee (thee):hihi::hihi:

You should know better Splitlip.

changing the subject!

Was it the Nortcliffes that used to live

in the same yard as Marilyn and Syliva Parker :huh:

no sheila think its 58 sure im a tad older than geotom SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY GEOTOM, WAS IN SCOTLAND FOR 5 DAYS SO BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY XXX SUSAN

Cheers Sue, where abouts in Scotland were you, we've just come back from Tyndrum.

Hi CBB, am I right in thinking you lived on the even sided numbers on Southwell Rd perhaps number 24?

Hi CBB, am I right in thinking you lived on the even sided numbers on Southwell Rd perhaps number 24?

I reckon if you are thinking about Christine Brown

then your are bang on geotom :thumbsup:

Cheers Sue, where abouts in Scotland were you, we've just come back from Tyndrum.

we were in lockerbie went up to visit a friend who has left worksop, never mind that sister of mine i was busy decorating the house after having it all rewired wot a mucky job that is thought id ave a nervous breakdown wi all the dust and plaster :(:( still back to normal now so unless i pop mi clogs i will deffo be at next one so see you then by the way george can you recall when we went to london with the school was laughing to myself the other day thinking about it :hihi::hihi:

Ah missed it then. Ive been a bit busy lately.

Plastering course - Well I know some as could do wi going on one :hihi::hihi:

Still sorting that out :thumbsup:

Past tense "plastered"!

I knew you would guess right away NettieJ with all the clues both here and on Facebook - well done Geotom - I know who you are but I need clues for you Flo Fennel. I haven't got the time to search through Part 1 to link real names with psuedonyms ( I think thats how you spell it if Miss Hanson and Mr Ambler taught me right!!)

By the way geotom you would have known me by the surname Butler not changed the initial hence CBB