Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

The 17 ran from Sheffield Lane Top/ Firth Park down Owler Lane and Upwell Street then on Hawke Street and turned right onto Attercliffe Common and into town so it didn't touch Hunsley Street

the number 17 tram or bus never went to hunsley street but the 34 and 35 bus certainly did xx

In the 1950,s the no 17 bus ran from Hollythorpe Rise to Hunsley St it backed up Hunsley St and then changed to no 35 for the return journey,the no 10 bus ran from Graves Park to Reform Chapel on the return journey it changed to no 34. Jean J

Edna Oldfield (icecream company)saddly passed away

another well known Grimesthorpian R.I.P.

hi pigeon,was edna jacks wife or sister.Sheila

Hi all, can anyone remember Grimesthorpe, Owler Ln schools ever closing due to snow and cold weather, it was a case of if your cold put your coat on. Don't know what its coming to, we even turned out in the bad gale in the 60s.

made of stern stuff then Steve.Can remember knocking ice of top of school milk.:hihi:

No elf and ridiculous brigade then.

Yep we were all tied together in a long line and walked to school.

And painful chafe rings where ya wellies rubbed.

they didnt half hurt. i never bought another pair since ..

Edited by jennyren
add

And painful chafe rings where ya wellies rubbed.
Hi, ref milk it was only time of year it didn't taste sour, i got chafe

rings in summer aswell from my wellies haha.

Sheila I think Edna was Jack,s sister. Jean J

Sheila I think Edna was Jack,s sister. Jean J

Hi jean hope you're well,can remember Ralph putting a photo on the thread quite a while ago of a lady he bumped into on one of his jaunts.Sure that was edna,but don't recall mrs. oldfields first name but then it was always mrs.whatever. No first names then.Sheila x

hi pigeon,was edna jacks wife or sister.Sheila

jack was ednas wife i think, i saw her about 3mths ago in morrisons with john and we had a chat our leslie used to knock about with him

Edited by mazda5

jack was ednas wife i think, i saw her about 3mths ago in morrisons with john and we had a chat our leslie used to knock about with him

HI Ann,look on page 6,post 109 thats Jacks sister Irene.So yes you're right along with JeanJ,Edna is Jacks wife.Sheila x

hi pigeon,was edna jacks wife or sister.sheila

the wife of jack